• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well we won’t have this guy to kick anymore

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, usfsig said:

If it makes some of you older guys feel any better, I saw a Tweet today where a Gen Z kid was confused as to how people used to burn CDs. Got me feeling real old.

🔥  With  Fire! Fire! ....**** Z's don't know much...the plastic smells but that's just an environmental by product... 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,143
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

🔥  With  Fire! Fire! ....**** Z's don't know much...the plastic smells but that's just an environmental by product... 

I have more faith in Gen Z than their predecessors :D

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

I have more faith in Gen Z than their predecessors :D

And " Faith "  is what you gotta have brother. And hopefully, gen Z will have good sense of humors which will help them clear many of life's serious hurdles. Every prior generation has reservations as to the abilities of a future generation for obvious reasons...they have already lived life and conquered, failed or given up. The newer generations are in the beginnings of their life path. Always interesting. As I've said before on here;  some of the newer folks will never experience what the past folks have unless for many, it's via a game controller. We always hope the new ones will be a success. 🇺🇸

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hate to see anyone lose their job, but at least make it so that I dislike seeing you go. 

Edited by DELdaBull
Clarity

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The local Tampa market has been underserved since the demise of the Tampa Tribune. The Tampa Bay Times won't completely die out but there is a market for someone else to step in that wants to put up the capital but it needs to have a large digital presence.

I’ll never pay for media content. It’s simply too easy to get on line for free. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll never pay for media content. It’s simply too easy to get on line for free. 

That explains your expectation level for the Times. 

Just now, puc86 said:

That explains your expectation level for the Times. 

How so? I get all of the articles I want for free. If they can’t provide them I know of two other free sources to use. 

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How so? I get all of the articles I want for free. If they can’t provide them I know of two other free sources to use. 

Because you don’t have to have high expectations for things that are free; like my dad used to tell me “you can eat dirt cheap but who would want to?”

19 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Because you don’t have to have high expectations for things that are free; like my dad used to tell me “you can eat dirt cheap but who would want to?”

There is something called a “business model.” In today’s on line world there are multiple models that are used. Some require the consumer to pay (from these most do NOT last long term unless there is a brick and mortar alternative or in this case an actual paper) and a model where dollars are generated via ad revenue. There are plenty of good sites with high quality reporting that are included in this model. The ol’ consumer needs to pay for media is the reason why the physical newspaper industry will not survive in the long term.

Now, regarding Joey, I fully support his writing and coverage. Everyone gets pissy about attendance but it does tell a story about the program. His coverage of the players are excellent. His coverage of the games always have excellent detail. For each game he generally generates three articles. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

There is something called a “business model.” In today’s on line world there are multiple models that are used. Some require the consumer to pay (from these most do last long term unless there is a brick and mortar alternative or in this case an actual paper) and a model where dollars are generated via ad revenue. There are plenty of good sites with high quality reporting that are included in this model. The ol’ consumer needs to pay for media is the reason why they will not survive in the long term.

Now, regarding Joey, I fully support his writing and coverage. Everyone gets pissy about attendance but it does tell a story about the program. His coverage of the players are excellent. His coverage of the games always have excellent detail. For each game he generally generates three articles. 

He perfectly matches the value that you have given him