• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen on twitter - Ford suspended

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It actually makes sense from J Fords perspective. He has played in 3 games already. SMU, SCSU and GT. 

With the new RS rule, you can play in up to 4 games, take your Red Shirt and save a year of eligibility. 

If you are going to RS the only way to play that 4th game is just don’t end the “indefinite suspension” till the last game.

Play your game, enter the portal with 3 years of eligibility and go play for Lane Kiffin or whomever will let you do whatever you want. 

Mind you, I would assume he is keeping his options open, I am sure he just communicated to the staff he wants to RS. 

Edited by usf97

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Not trying to contradict you, because you’re right, you’ve been spot on, but why would he go out of his way to defend Strong if he hates him like he did in this instance when he called out Torello 

29B2F5FA-127A-4001-AA42-1D266DCFAEEB.thumb.png.e73191be9eb1feef722ec05361a3355c.png

2 hours ago, 7overlord said:

Johnny is a smart kid contrary to his actions. He knows exactly what he was doing with that tweet.

I'm not sure I want to live in a world where Twitter is used in such a misleading, nefarious manner ....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

It actually makes sense from J Fords perspective. He has played in 3 games already. SMU, SCSU and GT. 

With the new RS rule, you can play in up to 4 games, take your Red Shirt and save a year of eligibility. 

If you are going to RS the only way to play that 4th game is just don’t end the “indefinite suspension” till the last game.

Play your game, enter the portal with 3 years of eligibility and go play for Lane Kiffin or whomever will let you do whatever you want. 

Mind you, I would assume he is keeping his options open, I am sure he just communicated to the staff he wants to RS. 

But if the last 4 games have been a selfish, self imposed "indefinite suspension", why risk an injury, and a career somewhere else, by playing the last game ........ if it is indeed his decision to play or not and I'm just having a hard time buying that part of the whole scenario.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

But if the last 4 games have been a selfish, self imposed "indefinite suspension", why risk an injury, and a career somewhere else, by playing the last game ........ if it is indeed his decision to play or not and I'm just having a hard time buying that part of the whole scenario.

so that you show to potential new coaches that you didn't burn any bridges and that you left on good terms.

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

so that you show to potential new coaches that you didn't burn any bridges and that you left on good terms.

So many unfilled holes in this whole caper that there's no certainty at this point except the fact that Ford hasn't played since Ga Tech, reportedly due to a suspension for unspecified reasons ....

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

13 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You got that right. Once he was ready and declined (if true), he should be kicked off immediately. I find this aspect hard to believe unless he hid from Strong that he was ready to go. 

Which is why I’m having such a hard time understanding this whole situation. Strong has had no problem getting rid of kids who are cancers to this team, so something doesn’t add up with all of this. Not saying overlord is wrong but how do you justify keeping a kid on the team that just doesn’t want to play?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1.  Could be speculation on Overlord or his source's part that the kid could have gone, but chose not to.  Not necessarily "known" to the staff/ccs so ccs is giving him the benefit of the doubt and the kid is playing.

2.  Could be that ccs and Ford do have a good relationship and ccs is allowing him to showcase himself for other schools in this game since ccs knows he isn't going to be back in 2020 and is coaching his last game in a USF turtle neck.

Let's all hope for door number 2!

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

2.  Could be that ccs and Ford do have a good relationship and ccs is allowing him to showcase himself for other schools in this game since ccs knows he isn't going to be back in 2020 and is coaching his last game in a USF turtle neck.

Let's all hope for door number 2!

Sounds similar to the way CCS bailed out Gilbert. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

I am not sure why deciding to redshirt would be considered selfish? D’Eriq King SR QB of UH played in 4 games and then decided to RS....was that selfish? He saw the offense was currently wasting his talent.

Seems perfectly logical to me if I was Ford. 

Ford already missed the UW game due to injury. If he received a 3 game suspension then that means he loses a year of eligibility to play 8 games with an offense that clearly isn’t ready to use his skills. 

If I am only going to allow myself to play in one of the last 5 games, then I would have also chosen the UCF game. 

4 hours ago, usf97 said:

I am not sure why deciding to redshirt would be considered selfish? D’Eriq King SR QB of UH played in 4 games and then decided to RS....was that selfish? He saw the offense was currently wasting his talent.

Seems perfectly logical to me if I was Ford. 

Ford already missed the UW game due to injury. If he received a 3 game suspension then that means he loses a year of eligibility to play 8 games with an offense that clearly isn’t ready to use his skills. 

If I am only going to allow myself to play in one of the last 5 games, then I would have also chosen the UCF game. 

Honestly, I wasn't even looking at the selfishness from the red shirting part, which I can kind of understand being selfish for that reasoning. My selfish tag came because overlord said he wasn't playing because he was pissed at CCS and if that was the only reason, that's letting your teammates down and ********, IMO ......... and hell yeah, King was being selfish. Thinking of yourself first over your team is classic selfishness but that's not to say you can't have some cases that are more understandable than others.