• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Firecharliestrong.com is live

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, WhoRUSF said:

If you can point to ONE football program that won a BCS conference championship within 10 years of starting a program, I'll agree with you. Until then, you're just one of the dumb fans who will never understand that what you're expecting isn't realistic. 

Greatness should be the goal of every football team, no matter the age of the program.  If you want to settle for mediocrity, then by all means, lets bring Leavitt back.

• Upvote 1
  • ???? 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s been a long day, I actually thought about editing it after I posted it but I guess I didn’t care as much as you. Thank you for your contribution.

That's why I'm here ...... ever vigilant.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, USFRaider said:

Greatness should be the goal of every football team, no matter the age of the program.  If you want to settle for mediocrity, then by all means, lets bring Leavitt back.

He wasn't mediocre by any standards though! Our overall records were clearly above average in a major conference being a 10 year old program. If that isnt exceeding expectations, then I'm assuming your standards are too high. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I do miss all of the conference championships we won when Leavitt was here.........Oh wait.

We were moving up at a rate never before seen and never to be seen again and even though we were moving up to the next level before we even completed a recruiting cycle we still competed so well in each level that people foolishly thought we can do better. Since he has been gone everyone that coached her got to coach at a declined level and still hasn’t managed to win a Conference Championship in the single worst conference we have ever been in.

Just now, WhoRUSF said:

He wasn't mediocre by any standards though! Our overall records were clearly above average in a major conference being a 10 year old program. If that isnt exceeding expectations, then I'm assuming your standards are too high. 

He certainly was mediocre.  We won NOTHING when he was here. Sure we had the occasional big win here and there, but we always choked in the middle of the season.  I would trade those wins over Auburn and FSU for a conference championship any day of the week. And a fan's standards are never too high for a football program!  Greatness should be the expectation, nothing less.

• Me no likey 1

Just now, puc86 said:

We were moving up at a rate never before seen and never to be seen again and even though we were moving up to the next level before we even completed a recruiting cycle we still competed so well in each level that people foolishly thought we can do better. Since he has been gone everyone that coached her got to coach at a declined level and still hasn’t managed to win a Conference Championship in the single worst conference we have ever been in.

And that is why the Leavitt era seems like the good ol days, because of the three coaches who have come after him.  One day, a truly great coach is going to come in here and blow the doors off the place and make everyone forget about Jim Leavitt.

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That's why I'm here ...... ever vigilant.

Thanks I feel bringing and editor on staff maybe the next step here at puc86 Corp, we will keep you on the short list of candidates.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

He certainly was mediocre.  We won NOTHING when he was here. Sure we had the occasional big win here and there, but we always choked in the middle of the season.  I would trade those wins over Auburn and FSU for a conference championship any day of the week. And a fan's standards are never too high for a football program!  Greatness should be the expectation, nothing less.

This! 

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

And that is why the Leavitt era seems like the good ol days, because of the three coaches who have come after him.  One day, a truly great coach is going to come in here and blow the doors off the place and make everyone forget about Jim Leavitt.

Time is running out

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

One day, a truly great coach is going to come in here and blow the doors off the place and make everyone forget about Jim Leavitt.

Are you not paying attention?

• Haha 1