• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I’m not worried about it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

47 minutes ago, bowman1 said:
10 hours ago, raptorcj said:

Since we face bye this week

Who is this Bye that you speak of, what channel will The Bye be on and should we fire CCS because of this Bye?

You don't know Bye? That's sometimes our toughest adversary! Unfortunately never televised though...

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

No need to worry. Whatever is going to happen will happen. :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Everyone is so cut throat right now it’s not right. Just cool it a minute and enjoy a 55 point victory. seriously, enjoy.

spacer.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

Also like reading all this positiveness, but I have to say I hope we don't hear in a press conference on Saturday or Sunday that we were unprepared for Bye.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

I've said this before...up until last week everyone was hoping BB would play decent...after last week, the team has identified the qb of the future, the defense is pretty good (going into the season it was a big question mark), they have a bunch of really good players at the skill positions on offense...in my eyes, there seems to be a lot more positive then negative... as it stands..the o-line is the only issue...so yeah, take a deep breath and relax

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

Just excited to watch McCloud's progression this season. He obviously has the tools to be very good for us for a long time. One thing that also stood out was his decision making - didn't look like a freshman starting his first game. He protected the football and made plays when given the chance. Competition will obviously step up in class as the season progresses, but he looked like a gamer.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

36 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

I've said this before...up until last week everyone was hoping BB would play decent...after last week, the team has identified the qb of the future, the defense is pretty good (going into the season it was a big question mark), they have a bunch of really good players at the skill positions on offense...in my eyes, there seems to be a lot more positive then negative... as it stands..the o-line is the only issue...so yeah, take a deep breath and relax

Well said. And to be honest, I don’t think the OL was too solid when QF was eligible either. QF had to carry a lot on his shoulders which is why USF won a lot during his career. I believe Grothe and BJ Daniels had to scramble, throw, and run to win also. We are a college team that will always be athletic but thin and I’m cool with that. There are not many NFL sized teams in college. USF will be fine 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

3 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Well said. And to be honest, I don’t think the OL was too solid when QF was eligible either. QF had to carry a lot on his shoulders which is why USF won a lot during his career. I believe Grothe and BJ Daniels had to scramble, throw, and run to win also. We are a college team that will always be athletic but thin and I’m cool with that. There are not many NFL sized teams in college. USF will be fine 

The o-line will gain confidence as well as the offense improves...Not sure how much, but it will improve though 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567

Difficult to run when you're one dimensional.  Hopefully McCloud's progression will change that, and defenses will be forced to worry about more than just the run.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

8 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I waiting to see what happens vs. SMU. 

I expect a game similar to GaTech but the key factor will be that McCloud will play the whole game.

A win would be great but at the very least, an entertaining and competitive game is what I am hoping for. I don't have any delusions that we are suddenly "fixed" or a new team. Not much has changed except for the most important player on offense and perhaps the general attitude of the team finally winning again. It might also help that Jordan has been getting the majority of the snaps in practice for 3 weeks heading by the time this game is played.

Edited by MikeG