• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is NOT a big game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It is a big game for Charlie....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This.

Which kinda sorta wastes everyone's time.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I know you probably didn't read the entire thread because it quickly devolved.  That is my point, the only issue here is whether Charlie can beat a MEAC team and buy time.  There is no upside to a win for the program.  It won't draw media or fans.  We're supposed to be able to beat chump teams like this that we pay to come here.  We've already killed the fan base.  A loss would surprise no one.  This is just a game that will either hasten or delay a decision on Charlie.  No one will put this on the list of consequential games to look back on.  

Agree with this, but that last sentence.....Our win vs. Miami back in the Holtz era was probably an inconsequential game for the Canes, except that it was the nail in the coffin for Randy Shannon. If we lose, and Charlie gets canned, then it does have some significance to the program. I have no idea if Kelly would actually make that move or not, but in the case that he does, that's a big move for the program. Charlie cannot screw this one up in my opinion. All probably a moot point, as I think we'll win this, but you never know.

How sad is a program that includes in its list of consequential games, those games that got their head coaches fired?  

Still, Charlie is getting a softball this week so it's much ado about nothing, which is the point of the post.  No upside.  He's very lucky he's not facing a mighty AAC team this week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

This.

So "Kinda sort of a big game for the Charlie Strong era" is so far from "It is a big game for Charlie" that you felt compelled to start this thread ...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

This.

USF football is NEVER a waste of my time...

1 minute ago, Brad said:

How sad is a program that includes in its list of consequential games, those games that got their head coaches fired?  

That's where we're at right now though. If things happen to play out that way, then SC State was the team that removed Charlie, and started us in a new direction. Not saying I want that, I still have hopes that CCS can succeed here, and I think I see the possibility of him maybe turning things around. A win here is meaningless. But a loss? I think there would be pressure on Kelly to take action, and it could potentially change the direction of the program....and I'd say that puts it on the list of consequential games.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Georgia Tech currently trailing the Citadel. They are a garbage team that may not win another game. I am not at all confident in this SC State game. 

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's only one kinda sorta way there are massively large headlines tomorrow so I hope you'll be looking in vain ...

Exactly, and we all know what the potential big news would be. Will be interesting to see how we handle a team that should be a lay-up for us.