• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is NOT a big game

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I hope everyone realizes this is not a big game.   Most importantly, I am sure Michael Kelly knows this.  This is a SMALL game that may have large repercussions.  Lose it, yeah Strong has to be run out of town, immediately.  But winning it, does nothing but buy him time until next game.  Beating S.C. State does not save his job.  What saves his job is a winning streak at least half as long as that of his current losing streak.   While we are 0-2, grabbing a win against a MEAC, or whatever, team is not enough to give Charlie a reprieve.  He is now digging out of a big hole.  S.C. State is no Wisconsin or Ga. Tech.  This should be an easy one for Charlie.  Fortunately for him, it comes at a time when a win is desperately needed.  Unfortunately for him, there is no upside, only downside.  Better get the win, convincingly.  The must win facet of this will also apply to the game following the bye.  The clock is ticking.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah a win here doesn't buy time...we still have the rest of the season.  

I am not so sure he gets fired if we were to lose tonight.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I still think if we win tonight (with McCloud), get a week off to get him reps we are capable of being 3-2 pretty quick setting up a vital (or dare I say “Big Game”) against BYU. I still have faith but it’s shaky...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

I've not uttered "Fire Charlie Strong" one time.  But, I don't believe the program can lose to S.C. State in the third year of his command and be considered to be progressing or even building a foundation.  

USF Football is very close to be put on life support under Charlie's and Michael's tenures.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If he loses this game I just can’t see how he would survive when there is a bye week coming up (and assuming the $ are not an issue). 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Important =/= big

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

If he loses this game and is not fired, I won't be in attendance for the SMU game. I will be donating my two season tickets for that game  to a charity if I can figure out how this new ticket system works.

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Important =/= big

Important to Charlie.  Big to Charlie.   Defeating SCSU does nothing for the program.  Its a "supposed to win" game.  All benefit to Charlie.  Not a big win for the program.  Nothing anyone will look back on.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

What I want to see is McCloud take over the reigns from Blake and we put a beat down on Sc St.  Do that and it would give me confidence for the rest of the season we could make some noise maybe.  That is only hope I have that things can turn around...I have not much hope in the coaches from what I have seen.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Important to Charlie.  Big to Charlie.   Defeating SCSU dos nothing for the program.  Its a "supposed to win" game.  All benefit to Charlie.

This.