• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Have we boycotted the games before?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

11 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

How do we change things for the better?

Don't punish the players.  I'm sure this sucks for them more than it sucks for us.  GT will be a serious gut check time.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just curious, do others believe that we would be in a worse place, at this moment, if he had stayed all these years?

Why do we only get to pick between ****** things? I prefer my favorite what if game. Does anyone think our last decade would have went better had we stayed the course with the only person that’s ever given a **** about our program?

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Why do we only get to pick between ****** things? I prefer my favorite what if game. Does anyone think our last decade would have went better had we stayed the course with the only person that’s ever given a **** about our program?

This is actually a real interesting question.

Personally, 2010 would have probably been about the same with CJL (except we beat Syr/WVU and lose to Clemson)

2011 - 2012 would certainly have been better and 13-14 would never have happened 

We still probably wind up in the AAC (even with better years, we would not have been picked over the other teams due to location)

15-16 would have been a little lower, but 17 would have been our year (AAC championship and NYD bowl)

Jim would not have beaten Wisconsin with this team, but it would have been a spectacular meltdown, complete with miracle plays, devastating interceptions and all sorts of wild facial expressions 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, bowman1 said:

This is actually a real interesting question.

Personally, 2010 would have probably been about the same with CJL (except we beat Syr/WVU and lose to Clemson)

2011 - 2012 would certainly have been better and 13-14 would never have happened 

We still probably wind up in the AAC (even with better years, we would not have been picked over the other teams due to location)

15-16 would have been a little lower, but 17 would have been our year (AAC championship and NYD bowl)

Jim would not have beaten Wisconsin with this team, but it would have been a spectacular meltdown, complete with miracle plays, devastating interceptions and all sorts of wild facial expressions 

Why would Jim have had this team? 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

i fail to see how it has gotten better since holtz? We have been in a constant downward trajectory.......

We had a couple 10-win seasons since Holtz. Definitely trending downward lately though.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Why would Jim have had this team? 

Fair point - other than stating that he would not have Barnett as his QB, it is hard to say exactly what team CJL would have had.

Since Leavitt favored smaller, quicker lineman, chances are he would not have controlled the line of scrimmage, which is why I think that he would not have won

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Looks like Chuck boycotted coaching