• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clyde Pinder Jr.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Still doesn't look good when you have a local kid whose dad played for the school doesn't stick.

In the end, we are competing against P5 schools. Not the same playing field. Why would you look at it as a negative thing he chose another school? We did get a 4 star that has offers from UF, LSU and Auburn. You win some u lose some 🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

One of the best academic schools in the country? Plays in the ACC? Excellent facilities? Gorgeous campus? Has sniffed a conference title in the past 20 years? Pick one.

Like the question marks. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Like the question marks. 

It makes it seem more like a question why someone would want to go there. I did that for you.

28 minutes ago, JTrue said:

It makes it seem more like a question why someone would want to go there. I did that for you.

Pittsburgh won conference championships?  Plays in the ACC? 

6 hours ago, Rizman said:

Pittsburgh won conference championships?  Plays in the ACC? 

The only thing Pitt doesn't have over us is Publix. It's like Groundhog Day in here every time a kid doesn't pick USF. We did this when whoever it was went with Minnesota. Playing "close to home" is the most overinflated reason ever for choosing a school. Sure, it matters to some kids, but how many of us on here picked USF because it was the hometown school and you'd get to see your parents more often? I picked a school 650 miles and a timezone away specifically to get away from the people I grew up with.

13 hours ago, JTrue said:

The only thing Pitt doesn't have over us is Publix. It's like Groundhog Day in here every time a kid doesn't pick USF. We did this when whoever it was went with Minnesota. Playing "close to home" is the most overinflated reason ever for choosing a school. Sure, it matters to some kids, but how many of us on here picked USF because it was the hometown school and you'd get to see your parents more often? I picked a school 650 miles and a timezone away specifically to get away from the people I grew up with.

Sounds good. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Listen one winter up there and that kid will be begging to come back home.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

On 7/1/2019 at 1:57 PM, JTrue said:

I mean USF won out for me over a lot of colleges specifically because it was a 6 hour flight for my parents to visit.

Good luck to this kid at UNC, it's a great school, my friend who went there makes sure to mention that every time we hang out.

56 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

I mean USF won out for me over a lot of colleges specifically because it was a 6 hour flight for my parents to visit.

Good luck to this kid at UNC, it's a great school, my friend who went there makes sure to mention that every time we hang out.

And that was my long-winded point. You can never assume any teenager wants to stay home for college. For many, part of the experience is being away from home.

UNC is a fantastic school. It's not crazy to think this kid realizes if he plays well, the NFL will find him. If his pro football dreams don't work out, he gets a great degree and the experience of living somewhere different for 4 years.

Edited by JTrue