• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

K.J Sails CB Transfering to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

You guys are mixing up Clemmons & Sails. Sails started at UNC and is transferring to be closer to home due to tragic family circumstances. 

Clemmons isn’t committed to USF, and is all over the board on his allegiance. He was all over UK and USF throughout the process, and committed to Minnesota out of no where. Now within a couple of months, he’s transferring again.

Two completely different dudes, with different circumstances. 

On 5/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, goingbackbull said:

peaked at his twitter , looks like the Kelvin Clemmons is not far behind.   I'm starting to get a good feeling that Charlie has his heart in this job finally and he will get a lot of locals to stay home.  Clemmons is talking about if all the 813 kids stayed home how good USF would be. 

This is the comment we're referencing.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

On 5/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, goingbackbull said:

peaked at his twitter , looks like the Kelvin Clemmons is not far behind.   I'm starting to get a good feeling that Charlie has his heart in this job finally and he will get a lot of locals to stay home.  Clemmons is talking about if all the 813 kids stayed home how good USF would be. 

6 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

You guys are mixing up Clemmons & Sails. Sails started at UNC and is transferring to be closer to home due to tragic family circumstances. 

Clemmons isn’t committed to USF, and is all over the board on his allegiance. He was all over UK and USF throughout the process, and committed to Minnesota out of no where. Now within a couple of months, he’s transferring again.

Two completely different dudes, with different circumstances. 

the conversation got switched. It probably all needs to be moved into his thread though.  

Edit: My apologies, I didn't see that JT had already addressed this. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is the comment we're referencing.

Gotcha. The “make the crib great again” reference (Sails quote) made it a bit confusing. 

8 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Gotcha. The “make the crib great again” reference (Sails quote) made it a bit confusing. 

That's what I figured. Clemmons retweeted Sails.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

That's a lesson in commiting to a program, not a coach. The program never leaves. If that's his only reason, he doesnt deserve a waiver. 

Why not? This coach convinced him 2 go there and is free 2 leave right after, but the player cant? Not fair 2 me at all. In the real world you want 2 work 4 a company that has a good management team. Would you work 4 a company that has bad management just for the sake of working 4 that company? I use 2 be a project manager 4 Coke...great name, popular company, but they have a horrible management and pay pretty low so I left.

Edited by Gatorbull325

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Why not? This coach convinced him 2 go there and is free 2 leave right after, but the player cant? Not fair 2 me at all. 

Commit to a program, not the coach. the idea is to go college for the education, not football. Football is what gets you there. 

7 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Commit to a program, not the coach. the idea is to go college for the education, not football. Football is what gets you there. 

Um most football players go 2 whatever college makes them an scholarship offer. So there are no emotional ties. And when u play football in college you give them a GREAT deal of ur time, emotionally, mentally and physically so YES, the coaching staff and football program is a big factor in deciding the school a person plays at or "stays" at. Many great schools with bad football programs. A student athlete has waaaay more 2 deal with than non student athletes. If im not comfortable or happy at a program then i will go 2 another program. I have that right. Just like the coaching staff has a right 2 leave 4 another program. Free country

Edited by Gatorbull325

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

Um most football players go 2 whatever college makes them an scholarship offer. So there are no emotional ties. And when u play football in college you give them a GREAT deal of ur time, emotionally, mentally and physically so YES, the coaching staff and football program is a big factor in deciding the school a person plays at or "stays" at. Many great schools with bad football programs. A student athlete jas waaaay more 2 deal with than non student athletes. 

Who said anything about emotional ties? Of the school that give you a scholarship go to the program that fits you the best. If you go for a coach, you are gonna get burned, end of story. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

Who said anything about emotional ties? Of the school that give you a scholarship go to the program that fits you the best. If you go for a coach, you are gonna get burned, end of story. 

A college degree is a college degree no matter where you go. Thry only get one chance 2 play college ball so u want a program with a good staff. Unfortunately the staff is free to come and go as they please, so should a player. There are many coaches that this board complained about....do players not have a right 2 want a good coaching staff?

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um most football players go 2 whatever college makes them an scholarship offer. So there are no emotional ties. And when u play football in college you give them a GREAT deal of ur time, emotionally, mentally and physically so YES, the coaching staff and football program is a big factor in deciding the school a person plays at or "stays" at. Many great schools with bad football programs. A student athlete has waaaay more 2 deal with than non student athletes. If im not comfortable or happy at a program then i will go 2 another program. I have that right. Just like the coaching staff has a right 2 leave 4 another program. Free country

I disagree, but I'm also 2 Legit 2 Quit.

• Haha 1