• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Somebody is confused.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I got this voicemail the other day ...

"Hey (my legal name), this is Courtney over at UCF Athletics. Wanted to reach out to you quick about the 2019 football season. My number is 407-XXX-XXXX. 407-XXX-XXXX. Thanks and Go Knights."

I called Courtney back and left her a voice mail politely asking her to remove my name from their call and mailing list. I then thanked her and said "Go Bulls!!!". 😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I think you’ve been had. 

I once had a buddy drop my business card in a fishbowl at the Tanga so that “Bambi” calls me at my office to let me know I’ve “won” a party and when can they expect me.

But yours was definitely worse. 

• Haha 1

The number is Courtney Troyer's extension. Ms. Troyer is the Senior Account Executive with UCF Sales and Service, as listed on their web site.

However, you are probably right and it is somebody messing with me. Just not the way you think. Over the years, I've had t-shirts come from Louisville and West Virginia, phone calls from Tulane and East Carolina, and I've been getting the University of Cincinnati Magazine for almost a decade, now.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, swamprat said:

The number is Courtney Troyer's extension. Ms. Troyer is the Senior Account Executive with UCF Sales and Service, as listed on their web site.

However, you are probably right and it is somebody messing with me. Just not the way you think. Over the years, I've had t-shirts come from Louisville and West Virginia, phone calls from Tulane and East Carolina, and I've been getting the University of Cincinnati Magazine for almost a decade, now.

Sounds like an inside job...

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Sounds like you purchased tickets through the school for an away game.  I bought Baseball Regional tickets through UF a couple of years ago and regularly get emails about buying tickets and even donating to the athletic department.

On a side note, I also have bought tickets through USF and am an alumni association member yet seldom receive emails or calls asking me to buy tickets or donate money.   Hmmmmmm

I never have purchase tickets from UCF.  For anything. I go to a lot of road games and I always get my tickets through USF.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

The most amazing thing about this is that after their glorious run, there are any season tix to be had ...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I still get emails from Navy (purchased tickets vs USF) and umass (purchased parking pass). 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

I think that this would be a great opportunity to waste UCF"s money and time. If you have the time, waste an hour or three messing around with them. that's time they can't sell tickets, get donations, or talk to their existing ticket base. We have at least 10k ticket holders right? If each of them just spent 1 hour on the phone with a UCF representative, they would be occupied for the next three and a half years. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,517
  • Days Won:  422

4 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

If each of them just spent 1 hour on the phone with a UCF representative, they would be occupied for the next three and a half years. 

After an hour on the phone with a Kanigit you'd never be the same again ............. and not in a good way.