• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Stony Brook

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,884
  • Days Won:  33

14 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

You and I agree on a lot.  This is not one of those times.  

I trust CBG knows and understands far more than me about the game and how / why this helps us.  

Go Bulls!

I certainly understand where you are coming from on this and it's quite all right if we disagree about it.

This is an opportunity for the team to get better and prepare towards next season, which is an opportunity that we should take.

• Upvote 3

Guest Jonesy Bull

We shouldn't be scared to play games because it might hurt us in some way if we lose. 

We should look at this as an opportunity to further our program, even if it is the little ole CBI.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, John Lewis said:

I certainly understand where you are coming from on this and it's quite all right if we disagree about it.

This is an opportunity for the team to get better and prepare towards next season, which is an opportunity that we should take.

That's my take. I don't see a downside. More practice and more games for a young team. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

That's my take. I don't see a downside. More practice and more games for a young team. 

assuming that we win said game so it becomes "more games" (emphasis on the plural).

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

assuming that we win said game so it becomes "more games" (emphasis on the plural).

More game is still more. If Scarlett Johannsen said I could see one boob, I wouldn't get all uppity and demand she show me "boobs" instead of "boob." One boob is still one more than I'm looking at right now.

Edited by JTrue

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

More game is still more. If Scarlett Johannsen said I could see one boob, I wouldn't get all uppity and demand she show me "boobs" instead of "boob." One boob is still one more than I'm looking at right now.

Her one boob is not worth $50k though.....

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Her one boob is not worth $50k though.....

A) It's worth at least that.

2) It doesn't matter for a variety of reasons...the $50k is if not a single person showed up. I think we'll be ok between a few thousand people for tickets, concession, parking. To crack $50k, we need 3000 people to spend $17 each. 

D) Even if we were paying $50k, it's not your money and it isn't even a blip on the athletic department radar. We're playing the game, so CBG must think it's worth it for his team. That's good enough for me.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

2) It doesn't matter for a variety of reasons...the $50k is if not a single person showed up. I think we'll be ok between a few thousand people for tickets, concession, parking. To crack $50k, we need 3000 people to spend $17 each. 

D) Even if we were paying $50k, it's not your money and it isn't even a blip on the athletic department radar. We're playing the game, so CBG must think it's worth it for his team. That's good enough for me.

And here I thought we were going to have a nice intelligent conversation about Scarlett Johannsen’s boobs...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A win is worth it all

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

53 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Do we have to share ticket revenue with Stoney Brook? Every team paid a 50k entry fee, I would guess they get some of the gate as well. Is that right John?

• Upvote 1