• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will our fans start to cheer?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

we need to set our own cheers.. I'm also a gators fan but I dont want to go to a USF game chanting the same Sh%t being said in Gainsville...why should we copy someone in the state when everyone has their own thing...next thing I'll see a Bulls fan doing the tomahawk cheer...growing up I was brought up by UF fans (and only cuz my uncle went there) so naturally I was a Gator..for me it was almost religion. Once I turned 17 I began showing interest in the Bulls. Coincidentaly that was 1997. Every year since I became more and more a USF fan. Now I am a Bull in my heart and a casual Gator fan. I cant explain it but it feels good!!!!!!!!GO BULLS

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I had to experience my first game away from the student section and instead sat in Section 137 with mostly donors/older alum. For the most part, they are absolutely clueless as to what is going on. I heard every imaginable conversation going on, EXCEPT for what was transpiring on the field. On more than one occassion I heard people say "Oh, how did we get the ball? I thought it was second down." This lack of attention has nothing to do with a lack of tradition. Additionally, these are likely the same old bags that go to the Bucs game and cheer when appropriate and pay attention. As a fan who loves to cheer and get up for the big defensive stands, it is disheartening to be the only one in a section cheering. I'm glad the school gets their $, but I would really like for these DONORS (they cannot be called fans) to get a clue or give their tickets up to someone who gives a **** about Bulls Football and creating a winning atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

I had to experience my first game away from the student section and instead sat in Section 137 with mostly donors/older alum. For the most part, they are absolutely clueless as to what is going on. I heard every imaginable conversation going on, EXCEPT for what was transpiring on the field. On more than one occassion I heard people say "Oh, how did we get the ball? I thought it was second down." This lack of attention has nothing to do with a lack of tradition. Additionally, these are likely the same old bags that go to the Bucs game and cheer when appropriate and pay attention. As a fan who loves to cheer and get up for the big defensive stands, it is disheartening to be the only one in a section cheering. I'm glad the school gets their $, but I would really like for these DONORS (they cannot be called fans) to get a clue or give their tickets up to someone who gives a **** about Bulls Football and creating a winning atmosphere.

I've been griping about this for years even though I do fall in that older alum/donor category. While I don't go as crazy as the students, it would be nice when the visitors have the ball right in front of us near the goalline if the majority of the Bulls fans at our end made some freakin noise ....! But it's exactly like BP described,  freaking conversations about everything but the game, UNLESS they see the Wave coming and THEN the mopes get all giddy!!!!!!!!!  .........*deep breaths*

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

My group sits in the same seats in the student section every game and try and try to get everyone going. This weekend wasn't too bad as a good number of people in our section were standing and getting loud, but it is pretty upsetting to look around the rest of the stadium and see nothing going on.

Among other things you will see us doing over the course of the game is waving our hats in the air and yelling GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLS before every kickoff, crowd push-ups after a score and people standing on chairs and sitting on shoulders getting everyone up on big plays.

As for people wanting something traditional or whatever, as corny as it sounds, how about following the drum line out after the game? If you're willing to wait an extra 5-10 minutes after the game and celebrate a victory, the drum line exits the stadium down the rampway by the pirate ship. They all gather and wait, then they start to play all the way down the ramp. Its really cool when you get a crowd gathered behind them all fired up and cheering then walking out with them. I may sound silly, but its something fun and an experience you can't get at any other type of football game.

PS: Thanks to whoever brought all the "17"s and handed them out in the student section. We had much fun with those.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Don't confuse acting like an ass with having spirit.   :-*

Hey, if chanting and getting excited over USF football is considered being an ass,then call me that all day long.  Is not like we were chanting obscenities, or flipping off anybody that didn't chant.  By the way, I tried chanting U-S-F as well to no avail.  I think the problem is that people are either too shy, too uptight, or too good to get loud.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

It was very dissapointing to see all the empty seats in the season ticket sections at the game.  I am almost embarressed to say this but in my row in my section there where -3-, yes only three people.  But back to the thread.  I have to tell you this because the folks behind me cheer but are not I would call avid fans.  I got this tap on the shoulder and the nice lady says " Who is that #2 guy ?"  Gotta love it.  A little while later I get another tap on the shoulder and another nice lady says " Is there a center and two guards or are there more players on the line ?"  Gotta love it.  Now these folks show up every week and do cheer especially when we score but not up to some of your standards.  Some day when we actually have some type of traditional cheer I am sure they will join in but never expect them to be avid fans.  Just be thankfull they show up.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i remember a few years ago a bunch of people (myself included) followed the drum line out after we beat southern piss in a close game.

Everyone was screaming USF-USF-USF....it was AWESOME!!!!

Too bad the stadium empties out unless it is a close game :(

It looked pathetic on TV last saturday near the end of the game....the announcers even mentioned something to the effect of what ever is left of the 45k fans.....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I just wish that when a chant of defense or U-S-F started up it would not fizzle out after a few attempts, it is as if some would like to be excited but then they feel "the look" become embarrassed and then sit down. People need to recognize that the atmosphere they long for starts with them.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

It just bothers me that people will be talking about a lack of atmosphere in our stadium compared to other schools while they refuse to cheer and ask you to please sit down.

USF has a Catch-22 situation...

1) RJS is a great stadium to play in

2) RJS has too many distractions that take away from the game.

Just look at #2.

a) When its hot (like Saturday's game), thousands of fans/boosters can watch the game on TV "indoor" the Club Levels at RJS...that's why soooo many seats between the 20's are empty.

B) Add in the patios on both ends of the field...fans that don't have seats together can "hang out" together, drinks some beers, chat, etc...and pay just a passing attention to the game.

Look at most college stadiums...they have none of the above..(except a few sky boxes/clubs).

At the Swamp....80,000 plus have NO choice but to sit in their seats or they will miss the game....there isn't a patio to hangout in...there are NO beer lines to chat and wait in...etc..

With all those "good distractions"....it will be hard for USF to take advantage of their home field.

In the mean time...just win games.

KL

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

Knight Light have make some EXCELLENT points about Ray Jay that I don't think have been mentioned on this board. The posh club level access is very enticing to the non deihards that would rather watch the game in AC than sit in their sit and watch it live.