• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will our fans start to cheer?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

As a student sitting in the student section, I thought we were loud enough!  Everyone got up and screamed their asses off for most of the game!  Next Week will be much louder I am sure.  I feel that fans of the older age show no emotions or excitement during the game.  If my 50 year old father can cheer his butt off then I do not see why the whole stadium can get off their butt and make some noise.  I remember us scoring our first few TD's and looked over to my right to see a whole section still sitting down just clapping!  My suggestion is to put some electric shock to each seat so they are forced to jump up!  Either way, proud to be a student for the USF Bulls.  Student Section was great.  

you must have been sitting at the very right of the student section.  This is the way the student section works.  There's the crazy right side that stands and cheers the whole game.  Then theres the middle, a few less people standing.  Then the section and a half before the corner section, everybody sits down and leaves early.  Then the left corner section (my section, (I'm the one in the last row yelling ""Insert opponent school here" is not a real school!"), where pockets of people stand, and the rest sit down.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

College football is the greatest sport in the world.  It takes me three days to speak properly after home games and four after road games.  I made my first road team playing Div 2 ball by cheering my voice into oblivion at all the home games my freshman year (not at USF) and a little extra wt. room time.

Most of the alum fans are not passionate about college football.  They are clueless about creating atmosphere and energy for the Footbulls.  Remember going to a school with a football team was not a priority for them.  I know three alums that I've brought to the game but did not give a rat's ass about this game so I didn't invite them to go with my extra ticket.  They could careless about college football.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

you must have been sitting at the very right of the student section.  This is the way the student section works.  There's the crazy right side that stands and cheers the whole game.  Then theres the middle, a few less people standing.  Then the section and a half before the corner section, everybody sits down and leaves early.  Then the left corner section (my section, (I'm the one in the last row yelling ""Insert opponent school here" is not a real school!"), where pockets of people stand, and the rest sit down.

Now we know how they give out the student tix.  Should fill in the bottom w/crazies and let the hand sitters sit up by the ship.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I was sitting in the left hand side of the student section so that would explain why I was the ONLY person standing the entire game and there were more students there than were at any game when I was a student. I just longt for the day when the entire student section is up for the game and a good portion of the people between the 20's at least know there is a game going on.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

why do old folks go to bucs games and get crazy?

yet at a college game they sit on their hands?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

most of my friends yell at me for standing the whole time...and I always tell the people behind me that I am not going to sit down so if thats a problem you might wanna move...it usually makes them stand and starts the trend....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

You all are voicing concerns that have been brought up on this board before.

In so far as people not cheering, I just heard the same complaint from a Florida fan about the stadium being too quite as compared to 10 years ago. And if the away games that I’ve been to are any indication, no stadium is loud during the entire game. I also don’t know if other stadiums have as many young fans as we do. I know that in our section, there are tons of little kids (ages 0-5), so a lot of the parents have their attention in 2 different places. (Please don't think I'm knocking kids at games, our group had 4 all 5 or younger, just making a point.)

What I have noticed, at away games and from visiting fans, is that they have traditions. WE DON’T. So what is wrong with Two bits getting the fans to cheer?? (Timing aside.) You can complain about how quite the fans are and then complain about one of the few things that actually gets them up and on their feet. So what if someone is borrowing a tradition from another school it’s not the only one that’s been borrowed. The S-O-U-T-H-F-L-O-R-I-D-A, SOUTH FLORIDA, SOUTH FLORIDA, GOOO BULLS, is from Florida State. (Which is what we are supposed to be chanting after a touchdown.)

But as I said before, this has been brought up in the past and no improvements have been seen. Maybe the school should put cheers into writing and hand them out before the games and send them out with season tickets.

Like at kick offs we could yell GOOOOOOOOO BULLS, like Arkansas fans do with their pig/hog chant.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

I too have been to many college football stadiums and of course there is no stadium where it is deafening throughout the entire game but at least there are times when it is in fact deafening and a good time would be when you are third and long or fourth and anything on defense. As far as a two bits thing it is not my favorite but at least the guy is cheering, which in all is a good thing.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69

Don't confuse acting like an ass with having spirit.   :-*

I agree. It was so frustrating for my group.  We walked from the Mall Parking lot all the way to the Stadium chanting "0 and 17" and we couldn't get a single fan/group to join us.  We try to rally the people waiting in line but they had as much spirit as my grandma does on ritalin.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I usually can't talk for two days after the game. My throat hurts from yelling and it is a bummer!BUT I AM STILL GONNA DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE MY BULLS!!!    THE REAPER