• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bombard AD Kelly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I hope Kelly considers the last 5 years when evaluating Strong and not just the last 2 at USF 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I can't seem to find it.  Does anyone have a link to the quote by Sterlin Gilbert about not going to watch tape.  May forward that to our VPofA if I write to him.

Anyone?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

There are plenty of people who are happy, just none of us on this board...😂

Mentally I have shifted over to MBB. At least they have great coaching and players who are busting their asses (even in a loss). 

I am begging for baseball season to start......

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Anyone?

I believe that's an old TDS article.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think we are going to have to fire Gilbert. I see something like this happening. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

In my search for the quote I did find this one “Sterlin has put together a tremendous track record of developing players and producing highly productive offenses that build his on players strengths,” Strong said in a press release.  http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1026600/Strong-adds-collection-of-former-assista   

Heh, heh, heh.  

Okay I finally found it.  And it reads differently that what we seem to remember.  He never said he wasn't going to watch any film just that he had only watched about 50 plays at the time of the interview.

You mentioned you've watched a little bit of USF film from last year. They ran what they liked to call the Gulf Coast Offense. How similar is that offense to what you'd ideally like to do?
"I haven't seen enough. When I say a little bit of film, I bet I haven't seen 50 plays (from USF's 2016 season). I don't really probably have a fair judgment off that minimal amount of plays. But just in those 50, there are some things that I like that will probably be good carry-over for what we're doing."

http://www.tampabay.com/qa-usf-offensive-coordinator-sterlin-gilbert/2313437

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

In my search for the quote I did find this one “Sterlin has put together a tremendous track record of developing players and producing highly productive offenses that build his on players strengths,” Strong said in a press release.  http://www.usforacle.com/news/view.php/1026600/Strong-adds-collection-of-former-assista   

Heh, heh, heh.  

Okay I finally found it.  And it reads differently that what we seem to remember.  He never said he wasn't going to watch any film just that he had only watched about 50 plays at the time of the interview.

You mentioned you've watched a little bit of USF film from last year. They ran what they liked to call the Gulf Coast Offense. How similar is that offense to what you'd ideally like to do?
"I haven't seen enough. When I say a little bit of film, I bet I haven't seen 50 plays (from USF's 2016 season). I don't really probably have a fair judgment off that minimal amount of plays. But just in those 50, there are some things that I like that will probably be good carry-over for what we're doing."

http://www.tampabay.com/qa-usf-offensive-coordinator-sterlin-gilbert/2313437

My assessment, he lied.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Brad said:

It's not my fault....it's the members.

Typical coach speak. 😂

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

It feels to me Gilbert thinks Texas the state not University is far superior to Florida football. His he needs to back to Texas today. Done with his arrogance.