• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I was glad CCS was hired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Winning cures everything. Its as simple as that. UCF went 0-12 and now look.

Just win and this will be a bump in the road.

But it does not - being in a P5 and winning may cure everything.  We have been over this.  Despite the loses, we are in the midst of an incredible winning percentage in our program's history over the last several years  We have been winning and attendance has pretty much sucked.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

But it does not - being in a P5 and winning may cure everything.  We have been over this.  Despite the loses, we are in the midst of an incredible winning percentage in our program's history over the last several years  We have been winning and attendance has pretty much sucked.    

I was just talking about the coach. Im a realist. Nothing will cure everything and everyone on this board. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

23 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Obviously you have to run the table to get to the NY6.  Never played for the conference championship either.  UCF capitalized on their opportunities going back to the BCS bowl, basically passed us in national relevance.  The play calling and offense is horrendous and the defense is young and eventually breaks down if not immediately.

So I am not sure if a few percentage points in winning percentage matter if you lose to UCF, don't compete for a championship, and throw in the towel in multiple AAC games.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

36 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Obviously you have to run the table to get to the NY6.  Never played for the conference championship either.  UCF capitalized on their opportunities going back to the BCS bowl, basically passed us in national relevance.  The play calling and offense is horrendous and the defense is young and eventually breaks down if not immediately.

So I am not sure if a few percentage points in winning percentage matter if you lose to UCF, don't compete for a championship, and throw in the towel in multiple AAC games.

100% agree, but my point is simply that winning will absolutely not fix our problems.  We always point to the West Virginia game as a way of saying "hey look, we have awesome attendance when we win, so we just need to win and everything will be fine," but the days of riding our P5 attendance bumps are gone.  I honestly do not know how attendance would look if we were playing for a shot at the CCG next week, but if last year was any indication, we would still probably be out numbered by central fl. fans.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

So let’s breakbdown GA Tech points.

2 TDs were kickoff returns

1 TD setup by interception 

Offense only really scored 4 TDs themselves with lots of stalls. 

Nothing wrong with 4 offensive TDs. GT is probably better than Temple or ECU, where we scored 17 and 20 points. For whatever reason, they looked bettter in the 2nd game of the year....against better competition....than they did in any of the following weeks. Not saying the offense was extraordinarily good, just good enough where I didn't have a problem with Gilbert for that particular day.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 11/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, BayIslandBull said:

Then I was glad that he was staying

Then I was ok if he left

Now I'm hoping he goes ...

#MeToo 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

14 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Attendance hasn't sucked and all the winning over the past few years hasn't amounted to much of anything at the end of the year aka not even a showing in the Conference Championship game.