• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to say it again! FIRE THIS STAFF!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

I have a plan. Fire this staff. Find a HC who at least knows what he’s doing, as in this team looks ready to play every week. Not my job to offer details on who. I don’t get paid to find coaches.

This team has not passed the eyeball test under Strong. We have gotten worse since the season started and Strong can’t beat a team with a pulse. You can’t argue against that. 

But it is your job to fire someone? Get the F out of here... no one worth a pot of piss will would take this job with a two year window for success. Regardless your wasting your breath CCS will be here next year...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

Holtz never had a reign, just a downpour of failure.  But he smiled and hugged just like our admin wanted.

Agreed. He didn’t. And Strong never did either. Put Strong as our HC during the CSH years and you get the same results Holtz did. CCS has benefited from our easy G5 schedule. 

Edited by Hueyhog20

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

We have enough talent to be 8-2. We were outmanned across the board against Houston and it didn't look like anything different tonight. We should have been able to beat Tulane by drawing plays in the dirt.

I agree with this. It’s been tonight watching these past 3 weeks. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But it is your job to fire someone? Get the F out of here... no one worth a pot of piss will would take this job with a two year window for success. Regardless your wasting your breath CCS will be here next year...

The eye test is all I need to know a coach and his staff needs to go, especially after  he had 2 seasons of an audition. As far as hiring, not my job. But it’s pretty obvious  what we need. A good coordinator from the P5, or a G5 HC from the bottom 3. EASY to find a hard charger who wants to do his best for a bigger payday 3 or 4 years from now AFTER we win this frigging conference for once. 

8 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Raw Talent doesn't win football games in D1. They have to be able to make decisions the only thing the staff can do to help is simplify everything and god forbid that. Young players will make mistakes and theres nothing a coach can do about it. 

Sometimes it can at this level but if there’s anyone I can give a pass it’s defense. But that still doesn’t excuse the lack of discipline or “going through the motions” at practice.  It also doesn’t exuse the regression we’ve seen. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

Excuses.  This is the defeatist thinking that gets you the level of mediocrity we've existed in for so long.  We recruit from the most talent-rich area of the nation and play in a middling conference that we should have no problem winning at least every few years.  It's totally understandable that every program goes "young" every so often but just by opening your eyes, it's plain to see that this team's lack of discipline goes FAR beyond just being young.  I know it's only been a couple years but it's time for a new coaching staff.

Ok well its also the most recruited area in the nation, we not only do we compete with UF, FSU, and UM but also EVERY OTHER P5 TEAM EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI and some west of it, so throw that part of your argument out. He's only been here a two years so you can't blame him for not winning before that, so throw that part out. When those those other teams go through their young cycles, they are undisciplined.

The idea of win a championship in two or get fired mentality will never work. You have to have consistency, Im really not sure you quite understand how this whole thing works. 

Again its not fantaseyland, its reality 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Sometimes it can at this level but if there’s anyone I can give a pass it’s defense. But that still doesn’t excuse the lack of discipline or “going through the motions” at practice.  It also doesn’t exuse the regression we’ve seen. 

Is it regression or the fact that we are playing better teams?

Youth and lack of discipline go hand and hand, in life and football

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Im beginning to feel the best type of coach is to get a young, innovative coach that needs to use us a stepping stone. Like Taggart, Like Justin Fuente, Like Heupel, Like Frost. 

I am beginning to think The game has passed Strong’s views on the game. 

He deserves a chance to turn things around, but I believe to get positive results in turning it around, changes need to be made to bring coordinators in that can help achieve that positive change. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Is it regression or the fact that we are playing better teams?

Youth and lack of discipline go hand and hand, in life and football

I don’t consider Tulane a better team, I don’t consider an ECU team we only beat by one score and only put up 20 against a better team, and I don’t consider UConn who we beat by one score a better team. If anything we played better teams the first few games of the season. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Ok well its also the most recruited area in the nation, we not only do we compete with UF, FSU, and UM but also EVERY OTHER P5 TEAM EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI and some west of it, so throw that part of your argument out. He's only been here a two years so you can't blame him for not winning before that, so throw that part out. When those those other teams go through their young cycles, they are undisciplined.

The idea of win a championship in two or get fired mentality will never work. You have to have consistency, Im really not sure you quite understand how this whole thing works. 

Again its not fantaseyland, its reality 

It's pretty clear that I don't understand your definition of how "things work".  But I like to think that I have at least a decent idea of what good leadership is, and this team doesn't come anywhere close to having it.  Again I have to question if anyone who can't see this with the eye test is actually watching the games.