• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sterlin Gilbert Should Be Our Next Head Coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Thankfully the folks who want to fire everyone aren't invested in the University other than buying $8 tickets to football games from a reseller.  

You are a joke sir. Measuring someone's fandom over a dollar value is ridiculous.  Anyone who loves this team can comment and they would not be on this board if they did not care. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

thankfully Gilbert isn't the one with a lack of play calling in the red zone other than a hopeful run...oh wait.  

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

We run all over Tulane if Gilbert doesn't drop multiple passes and miss multiple tackles. Considering he just used up all his eligibility on the field, I'll take my chances with him coaching. Maybe certain players will take it upon themselves to do their job and our fans will stop the mob mentality of scapegoating a coach who has our offense ranked #11th in the nation in YDS/G and 36th in the nation in scoring per game after NINE games. Just saying... the misdirected anger reminds of the current media mentality when it comes to the POTUS.

What teams have we racked up this great offense against? More goes into this than the stats you're seeing on paper.  There's no reason that we could only put together 3 points against Alaba...oops I mean Tulane in the first half.  Injuries should not be a reason for that when Salomon, Ford, Cronkrite, Barnett, and McCants were all healthy. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

We run all over Tulane if Gilbert doesn't drop multiple passes and miss multiple tackles. Considering he just used up all his eligibility on the field, I'll take my chances with him coaching. Maybe certain players will take it upon themselves to do their job and our fans will stop the mob mentality of scapegoating a coach who has our offense ranked #11th in the nation in YDS/G and 36th in the nation in scoring per game after NINE games. Just saying... the misdirected anger reminds of the current media mentality when it comes to the POTUS.

And what is the quality of the defenses we have played so far??

Ga Tech - 43

Illinois - 127

UCONN - 129

UMASS - 119

Houston - 120

Tulane - 89

ECU - 67

Tulsa - 73

TEAMS LEFT ON SCHEDULE

CINCY - 5

Temple - 44

UCF - 96

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Is that from Two Corinthians?

I believe it's the Gospel according to Apis da Bull. I think it was on a sticky note on the back of the Dead Sea Scrolls if my memory serves me...? It scared the  💩  out of me though  so I'm tuning my comments up.     😇 

17 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

And what is the quality of the defenses we have played so far??

Ga Tech - 43

Illinois - 127

UCONN - 129

UMASS - 119

Houston - 120

Tulane - 89

ECU - 67

Tulsa - 73

TEAMS LEFT ON SCHEDULE

CINCY - 5

Temple - 44

UCF - 96

Also worth noting is how other teams that we play fare against these teams that we have "such a good offense" against.  Most are blowing these teams out.  20 points against ECU? 15 against Tulane? 25 against Illinois? That doesn't fall under the category of impressive to me. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just out of curiosity, what are the impressive offensives that we've played against?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Just out of curiosity, what are the impressive offensives that we've played against?

Are you talking statistically or how USF's defense made them look?  😁

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

You are a joke sir. Measuring someone's fandom over a dollar value is ridiculous.  Anyone who loves this team can comment and they would not be on this board if they did not care. 

I guess a "joke sir" is a promotion from a "f***ing moron".  I thank you.

If you do nothing more than buy the cheap tickets and are not invested in the program I guess there is a place for you.  However, those are not invested in the program.  You go to games.  Same folks that scream about an OCS, but offer nothing. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I guess a "joke sir" is a promotion from a "f***ing moron".  I thank you.

If you do nothing more than buy the cheap tickets and are not invested in the program I guess there is a place for you.  However, those are not invested in the program.  You go to games.  Same folks that scream about an OCS, but offer nothing. 

It’s a fan board. Your red herring is duly noted. Stick to the subjects at hand and don’t attack people personally.  I have 7 season tickets and don’t measure fandom by ones expenditure.  We should just wait for the Mumas to post and everyone else should say nothing since our value is based on a dollar amount. It is elitist drivel. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1