• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If you aren’t under the Fire Strong movement yet.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Not to mention, recruits.  If you get a rep of firing coaches after two years, how many recruits are going to commit to a school for four years?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, Apis Bull said:

You're probably right, but what happens if he's not successful after two seasons?

Isn’t that a risk you take with any coach? If you can’t improve things, then it’s time to go. CCS is not improving this team. That’s my main issue with him. It’s not so much the win/losses, it’s that we look worse each week. He’s been a failure. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  1

As I said before, maybe.  What makes you think he'd want to make what is in effect a lateral move to a team that just fired a winning head coach after two seasons?

How is USF a lateral move from Toledo?? Simply being in the state of Florida to recruit is a jump up. Not to mention having a larger budget and more exposure. 

If the pay is better, I have shot at being more successful (which he would at USF over Toledo), and I have the opportunity to potentially jump to a better job in the future, then why wouldnt I take the offer? Firing Charlie after two seasons doesn't signify that USF athletics culture is eroding, in fact I think the culture under the current leadership is very good with Michael Kelly and firing Charlie would be a measure to preserve the winning culture that we worked very hard to get back. 

TBH if a head coach gets scared away by a fanbase and admin that has high expectations for winning then we probably wouldn't have wanted that coach in the first place.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Not to mention, recruits.  If you get a rep of firing coaches after two years, how many recruits are going to commit to a school for four years?

This is the AAC...if a recruit is looking for stability he’s in the wrong place. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

All I can say is that it's a good thing we didn't fire xCWT after his second season (where he had a losing record).

All I can say is that it's a good thing we didn't fire xCWT after his second season (where he had a losing record).

Apples to Oranges - Willie was rebuilding the culture from the Holtz years where he had nothing to work off of from the previous coaching staff. Charlie inherited a winning culture with very talented players and has regressed that culture over 21 games. Big difference. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Most people were excited at the hire. Several said USF couldn’t even get him. Were we bad yesterday- yes we were. Is our defense way below par - yes. How many teams would love CSS as their coach - a lot. 

If teams fired coaches based on a few bad games everyone not named Saban would be fired. Probably you same people were screaming for CWT to be fired. Who do you want and who do you think USF is that we aren’t going to have ups and downs?

Harbaugh at Michigan had been a train wreck against his big foes. Blown out by Penn State, no offense and people screaming for his head with posts much like the ones on this Board. Saying eye test and this team plays terrible against mediocre opponents. Now 4 YEARS later there is silence. Maybe they beat Ohio State this year and maybe not but very few teams gel like magic under a new coach. It takes time  

Maybe CSS is the answer and maybe not. I’m just glad the posters on this Board have zero say in that decision. It’s really amazing you guys weren’t chosen to coach this team. Let the coaches coach and the fans cheer on and SUPPORT their team. If administration feels a change is warranted that is what they are paid to figure out. My apologies for trying to be rational for people who don’t understand what the word means. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SoFlo All Day said:

Apples to Oranges - Willie was rebuilding the culture from the Holtz years where he had nothing to work off of from the previous coaching staff. Charlie inherited a winning culture with very talented players and has regressed that culture over 21 games. Big difference. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

4 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Most people were excited at the hire. Several said USF couldn’t even get him. Were we bad yesterday- yes we were. Is our defense way below par - yes. How many teams would love CSS as their coach - a lot. 

If teams fired coaches based on a few bad games everyone not named Saban would be fired. Probably you same people were screaming for CWT to be fired. Who do you want and who do you think USF is that we aren’t going to have ups and downs?

Harbaugh at Michigan had been a train wreck against his big foes. Blown out by Penn State, no offense and people screaming for his head with posts much like the ones on this Board. Saying eye test and this team plays terrible against mediocre opponents. Now 4 YEARS later there is silence. Maybe they beat Ohio State this year and maybe not but very few teams gel like magic under a new coach. It takes time  

Maybe CSS is the answer and maybe not. I’m just glad the posters on this Board have zero say in that decision. It’s really amazing you guys weren’t chosen to coach this team. Let the coaches coach and the fans cheer on and SUPPORT their team. If administration feels a change is warranted that is what they are paid to figure out. My apologies for trying to be rational for people who don’t understand what the word means. 

Having a down year is okay. 

When you have veteran players getting into scuffles with coaches on the sideline ON NATIONAL TV while you're getting blown out, thats a problem. 

When your team comes out the next week and gets blown out at home to a team that has no business (based on talent) being on the same field as you, that's a problem. 

When veteran players say they "have been just going through the motions" at practice to the local media and are overheard on the field saying "F**K this, I don't wanna do this anymore", that's a problem. 

When your team makes the same mistakes repeatedly over 21 games because they "just weren't ready to play"....you guessed it. Problem. 

There's nothing irrational about it. This team has no leadership and is getting soft. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

17 - 3 overall is poor leadership?  Move out of CO the weed has taken over.

Yesterday is a memory.  Move on and focus on UC.

Go Bulls!