• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple’s Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Our game in Philly is going to be ugly - Temple by double digits.

Temple will be coming off two straight loses when they play us. I think they will have mentally cashed in by then. I am much more worried about Cincy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

I think Cincinnati has revenge in their mind after last year. Hopefully this team has learned from their loss and understand you have to compete all game.  We need to take each game one at a time, and focus on playing complete games. I am only worried about Tulane for right now. The Temple game showed their defense can be exposed and UCF's defense. WE have to use the run to open up the pass, and perhaps start using some play action, and play action and/or roll outs that can be turned into a run if the play is not there. Do you think we even have a trick play on our system?

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Temple will be coming off two straight loses when they play us. I think they will have mentally cashed in by then. I am much more worried about Cincy.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I think Cincinnati has revenge in their mind after last year. Hopefully this team has learned from their loss and understand you have to compete all game.  We need to take each game one at a time, and focus on playing complete games. I am only worried about Tulane for right now. The Temple game showed their defense can be exposed and UCF's defense. WE have to use the run to open up the pass, and perhaps start using some play action, and play action and/or roll outs that can be turned into a run if the play is not there. Do you think we even have a trick play on our system?

Would love to see a flee-flicker or HB pass.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would love to see a flee-flicker or HB pass.

How about just a pass to our HB?

Imagine Ford in space one on one with a LB.

Fun fact, Blake Barnett has as many receptions this year as Johnny Ford.

UCF had 4 completions to their RBs last night for 112 yards.

they have 25 completions to RBs for 479 yards on the year.

We have 6 completions to our Rbs for the entire year........4 of those were in 1 game

Good offensive play calling creates mismatches.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

20 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

How about just a pass to our HB?

Imagine Ford in space one on one with a LB.

Fun fact, Blake Barnett has as many receptions this year as Johnny Ford.

UCF had 4 completions to their RBs last night for 112 yards.

they have 25 completions to RBs for 479 yards on the year.

We have 6 completions to our Rbs for the entire year........4 of those were in 1 game

Good offensive play calling creates mismatches.

Here's a basic play we can run to pass to the HB's and get them in space.  

Formation: 4 wide

Outside receivers: Salomon Bronson

Slot receivers: Wilcox McCants

Rb runs a quick flare and the QB gets the ball out fast to the RB in the flat so they can get up field and work in space.  The receivers on the field are all big physical guys that should be able to hold blocks and let Cronk or preferably Ford to work in space potentially one on one.  Lots of spread teams run this play with great success and it's so low risk is basically an extension of the running game.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Would love to see Ford used the way C uses Killins

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The thing I noticed about both offenses.  The get get the ball to their playmakers in space.  They use the entire field.

Seems most of our plays are run either inside the tackle box or throws outside the numbers. Unless it is a flat out go pattern, on a very low percentage deep ball, most of our passes are outside the numbers to a stationery receiver. 

In my opinion, we don’t take advantage of our speed.  

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

The thing I noticed about both offenses.  The get get the ball to their playmakers in space.  They use the entire field.

Seems most of our plays are run either inside the tackle box or throws outside the numbers. Unless it is a flat out go pattern, on a very low percentage deep ball, most of our passes are outside the numbers to a stationery receiver. 

I agree

we are constantly trying to run through the defense instead of around it.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

YES! This hits it right on the head.

We play like our players are meat and potatoes kind of guys but in reality we have a bunch of skinny Florida speed guys.

xCJL and xCWT realized that so they got creative given our talent. Opened up the field and the rest is history. 

xCSH also tried to out physical/muscle teams kind of how we try to do now but that didn't work then either.

I'm just thankful that our guys are so talented it masks some of these issues. 

46 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Here's a basic play we can run to pass to the HB's and get them in space.  

Formation: 4 wide

Outside receivers: Salomon Bronson

Slot receivers: Wilcox McCants

Rb runs a quick flare and the QB gets the ball out fast to the RB in the flat so they can get up field and work in space.  The receivers on the field are all big physical guys that should be able to hold blocks and let Cronk or preferably Ford to work in space potentially one on one.  Lots of spread teams run this play with great success and it's so low risk is basically an extension of the running game.  

I don't understand why Gilbert almost refuses to call pass plays to his RBs. Last year JK called him out on it in the paper. we averaged less than 1 completion to a RB per game last year.