• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please Get Rid of Strong

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

7 minutes ago, michibull said:

Yes, wins against Auburn, WVU, FSU were all fun, but going .500 in your conference every year will win you nothing of consequence. That's all I'm trying to say. 

And Miami, and Kansas and WVU again.  I wonder what a coach and team that beat those schools could do in the P6, AAC?  

But who cares.  Those that were around for it enjoyed it.  It set the bar.  We ain't going back.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

5 hours ago, NCBull said:

Lol what a dumb thread

I reiterate

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, michibull said:

I don't know how that is a criteria for defining a good coach or not. All I was saying is that everybody wants CJL back and I ask why? He was a .500 coach in conference for his entire career. He didn't consistently beat the teams we were supposed too. We would start out fast and fizzle out half way through the season, every single year, nothing changed. From 2004-2009 our defense could not stop the run up the middle and our QB draws were our go to plays. I mean, come on man, let's not let our nostalgia cloud reality. Yes, wins against Auburn, WVU, FSU were all fun, but going .500 in your conference every year will win you nothing of consequence. That's all I'm trying to say. 

You don’t understand why people would prefer the best coach that we have had that had the best record that we have had against the best competition that we have had that were also the most marquee of wins that we have had over what has pretty much been an abortion of a program up until the most recent years in the worst conference we have been in since our creation where people want to burn the program down if you even lose one game in it? You don’t think being the best coach in what was a pretty decent up and coming universities history make you great and building a program from scratch to number 2 in the nation makes you a great coach? What does? He isn’t Nick Saban or maybe not Dabo I’ll give you that but we aren’t Alabama (which offered him the job) or Clemson either and he is the greatest we have had and it’s not even a little bit close.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

I mean strong is the first coach to allow 57 points in a game 🙄 not even Holtz managed that feat . The defensive guru’s defense gave up 57. 7 touchdowns one man accounted for. Gameplanned all week?!

3 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

7 touchdowns one man accounted for. Gameplanned all week?!

Not to throw fuel on the fire but each required at least 75 yards offense to score.  These weren't short field scores.

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Not to throw fuel on the fire but each required at least 75 yards offense to score.  These weren't short field scores.

😤 and how many missed 3rd and 4th downs ?! You can point to the 4th and 7 where king scores and say that’s on the players but when you can repeatedly see the receivers giving 7-8 yards of cushion and running man coverage that’s on the coaches . There was one play in the 3rd quarter I believe where Stevenson (5) was uncovered in the slot and he goes for a big first down. 

“Hey guys Hoggins is getting burnt bad by this guy, let’s switch him off or run something that doesn’t iso him with this guy” 

naaaaaaaaaaaaahhh let’s just see how many times they can complete it. It’s all good I’ll just blame everything on execution and the players . 

Houston had a higher success rate on 3rd and 4th down than BB had passing.

Defense was bad but a couple things....

mazzi Wilkins and mike Hampton were rarely targeted ... Ronnie Hoggins was awful today  and I’m confused as to why Jaymon thomas plays . I really can’t point to a single big play he’s ever made . Nick Roberts looks the best back there at safety..

• Upvote 1