• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Game Day opening video

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

OSU is and always will be OVERRATED SPORTS UNIVERSITY. They play one to three decent to good teams a year and usually lose 1 to 2 of those games, but make it in the top ten every year. Then when they play a game they get some of the most obvious and blatant BS calls in sports? Everyone remember the MIAMI VS OSU NC in 2001. After watching the highlights of Purdue destroying them and OSU staying in the top 15 is a joke. It wasn't a close game, it wasn't  a game that OSU stayed in the fight; it was complete domination by an unranked team. They don't even deserve to be ranked after getting annihilated that bad by a bad team. Power 5 bias to bring in money from the OSU Fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

25 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

OSU is and always will be OVERRATED SPORTS UNIVERSITY.  Purdue destroying them and OSU staying in the top 15 is a joke. 

Correct and correct.  However, I would amend that the whole ranking thing in general is a joke at this point.  It's funny watching ESPN contort themselves to campaign for big brand teams in the playoffs to sell ads, then contort themselves to another big brand when those poop the bed.  Notice how the Big 12 is only discussed as a real candidate when Texas and Oklahoma have a shot.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:37 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

Looks like ESPN doesn’t want AAC in NY6 bowl game and the dolts on Gameday got their talking points.  

More Fake News!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

There isn't another sport, other than college football, in which a team that did not win their conference can play in the national championship (college basketball I suppose, but that is a 64 team tournament so that doesn't count).

I'm thinking pretty much every college sport has non conference champions in their playoffs ..... and if not all, the higher profile ones at least.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm thinking pretty much every college sport has non conference champions in their playoffs ..... and if not all, the higher profile ones at least.

You are technically correct, but every other college sport has a tournament where 64 teams make the cut (Basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball) (Lacrosse has 16, Golf has 20). This is impossible in football because you can only play one game per week. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

You are technically correct, but every other college sport has a tournament where 64 teams make the cut (Basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball) (Lacrosse has 16, Golf has 20). This is impossible in football because you can only play one game per week. 

FCS football playoff has 24 teams and includes non conference champions ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

FCS football playoff has 24 teams and includes non conference champions ....

Again, more participants than there are conferences (15 conferences I believe), so that is also a bad comparison. By other sports, I mainly meant the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS, etc. All participants in their championship games have to win their conference championship first. I realize it is a different structure since their are only 2 conferences in each league, but that is why I suggested a 6 team playoff. A representative (champion) from each conference and then a G5 champion. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

12 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Again, more participants than there are conferences (15 conferences I believe), so that is also a bad comparison. By other sports, I mainly meant the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS, etc. All participants in their championship games have to win their conference championship first. I realize it is a different structure since their are only 2 conferences in each league, but that is why I suggested a 6 team playoff. A representative (champion) from each conference and then a G5 champion. 

But each of those have Wild Card teams that did not win the regular season division championship

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

But each of those have Wild Card teams that did not win the regular season division championship

You are correct, but every division champion makes the playoffs. Imagine if each year the NFL picked a couple division champions to leave out of the NFL playoffs. People would lose their minds. That is essentially what the CFP does. They have to pick at least one P5 conference champion to leave out each year, and last year they left out two in order to put a second SEC school in. 

IMO the CFP has two options, expand the playoff to 6 teams where every P5 conference champion (division champion) makes the playoffs with one at large G5 bid (wildcard) or expand to 8 teams with the five conference champions, one G5 bid, and two at large bids. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, BullsWinBucsWin said:

That was a coordinated attack.  Basically all took turns............Herbstreit brought up Fresno, App St, and Utah St. and how their Sagarin rankings are higher than UCF's (mentioned UCF fans' perception of ESPN bias).  The gist was that you need to play somebody in the P5 and beat them convincingly.  Desmond said that he doesn't think a non P5 team will ever make the playoff.  Even Rece started to go off. 

Agree that it was also a shot at USF and Cincy, but the bullseye was on UCF.  

College Playoff System aside( it's bs). Outside  of that process you hear comments re: the other teams P5 and P6. If that is the case and you want to see who is the best then play each other in the bowls(only place available). Let's see how teams like Fresno, App, Utah do against a Usf, Ucf, Cin if all records are similar. be interesting. prob be good bowl games that mean something. yeah I know a fantasy but until they expand the playoff system this would provide a way to see who is better.