• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shaun King as our offensive coordinator?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

His quarterback coach was Rich Rodriguez and his head coach was Tommy Bowden. The style of offense that King ran at Tulane under Bowden was the Spread offense which is now a very popular style in NCAA football.  His coaching experience...

2006    Gibbs HS    Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2008    Gibbs HS    Quarterbacks
2015    Big County Preps    Quarterbacks
2015-16    Team Tampa 7-on-7    Asst. Head Coach/Offense
2016    USF    Quarterbacks
2017-pres    USF    Running Backs

I know you are hoping he is still spread but I am still not sure Coach Strong would let him run it.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I know you are hoping he is still spread but I am still not sure Coach Strong would let him run it.

Why not?  The Veer N Shoot is a spread offense.....   

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Why not?  The Veer N Shoot is a spread offense.....   

The veer and shoot is low turnover offense. I think this is Strongs modus operandi.  The spread has a lot of moving parts and Strong talks about doing dominating line of scrimmage which spread does not do.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,298
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im banking on CCS retiring by 2027. Nine years from now i think shaun king and auggie sanchez (currently on Taggarts staff at FSU) WILL be plenty qualified and established by then. 

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im banking on CCS retiring by 2027. Nine years from now i think shaun king and auggie sanchez (currently on Taggarts staff at FSU) WILL be plenty qualified and established by then. 

That is fair. I can handle 8-10 more years over averaging 9 wins. I hope we win more and get out, but he is the best coach we have had since CJL.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

The veer and shoot is low turnover offense. I think this is Strongs modus operandi.  The spread has a lot of moving parts and Strong talks about doing dominating line of scrimmage which spread does not do.

Your eval of what a spread offense is off, way off. We currently run the veer n shoot which is a spread offense. The spread in 'Spread offense" tells you what makes a spread offense, and it's all about alignment. 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Your eval of what a spread offense is off, way off. We currently run the veer n shoot which is a spread offense. The spread in 'Spread offense" tells you what makes a spread offense, and it's all about alignment. 

Yeah but usually there is more movement and shifts. Coach strong likes vanilla with no creativity. I think he believes the veer and shoot is creative compared to prostyle. Yes our wide receivers are spread  but the run blocking schemes are vanilla

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

16 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Coach Bull Dozer you are wasting time with some people. 

Coach King in my opinion will not be ready to run our offense until he goes off to a "lesser" school so that he may showcase his playbook for a few years. 

3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Coach King in my opinion will not be ready to run our offense until he goes off to a "lesser" school so that he may showcase his playbook for a few years. 

Maybe, maybe not. Every OC has to start somewhere. Also with king's recruiting chops there's a chance he would be successful elsewhere then get scooped up at a P5 school. I'd rather take the chance since he's been loyal and has the qualities you look for in a good up and coming OC. After Gilbert leaves one way or another were going to probably have to get an up and Comer anyways so it might as well be a good established FL recruiter who is already a USF guy.