• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could this game carryover for the rest of the season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

If you watch the team after that win the team was really jacked up big time so maybe Gilbert knows he has to be more creative now teams are really starting to figure what we do time to maybe use the full page of plays we have.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

I think the vibe is strong on the team-- and to me one of the best things about this win was how excited the guys got. I wish we all could have that type of attitude about the games - a little more carefree and happy-- a little less angry any time things go against us or when we don't meet some lofty expectations based on what some think should happen based on stats or records or rankings or other perceptions of how the team is supposed to play etc.

So great that the players are really enjoying this season and being on the team. When I grow up, I want to be just like them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 10/12/2018 at 8:12 PM, Hueyhog20 said:

Every single game (minus Elon) since our close win vs Tulsa in senior night last year has been a nail biter. Think about it....UCF, TTU, GT, UI, ECU, UMass (most of game was close) and now tonight. I think that Tulsa game from last year has been a carryover to this one. 

We were up 41-14 in the third quarter of UMass... it wasn't close most of the game, just most of the first half.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I’m hoping Gilbert is just saving all the good stuff for the second half of the season. Come the Houston game we will have an entirely different look

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

What can carry over for the rest of the season is the 4th quarter in its entirety.  15-0. 

It really looks like something clicked during those 15 minutes and I believe we will see a different team going forward.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

Why don’t we just let a UConn team think they can hang with us? Seems to be the theme of the past two seasons so far. Either way if our defense can step up like it has in the 2nd half we can beat/compete with every team on our schedule. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

16 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

I’m hoping Gilbert is just saving all the good stuff for the second half of the season. Come the Houston game we will have an entirely different look

That “saving all the good stuff” seems to be a phrase that gets thrown around a lot. If we haven’t seen “the good stuff” the majority of this season, who’s to say they’re even going to be prepared to use it when it’s crunchtime? 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

11 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

What can carry over for the rest of the season is the 4th quarter in its entirety.  15-0. 

It really looks like something clicked during those 15 minutes and I believe we will see a different team going forward.

:guinness::04-rock:

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

That “saving all the good stuff” seems to be a phrase that gets thrown around a lot. If we haven’t seen “the good stuff” the majority of this season, who’s to say they’re even going to be prepared to use it when it’s crunchtime? 

Deep down we all know he doesn’t have any good stuff. Every game is like trick or treating hoping to get full size candy bars and all you get is black licorice. 

charlie-brown-great-pumpkin-clipart-3.jp

• Haha 2