• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could this game carryover for the rest of the season?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,401
  • Days Won:  25

What happens if when we play Houston, Cincinnati and UCF when Gilbert opens up the playbook from the start like we did for the comeback against GT and Illinois? We need to utilize more slant passes and 10-15 yard passes. We simply move the chains when we go to hurry up passing offense and use our speed and athleticism. Do we crown him a genius or he say he just made obvious adjustments. I still believe we will see 10-15 HB dives a game regardless.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

8 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I still believe we will see 10-15 HB dives a per half regardless.

Fify

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, beastiebull said:

What can carry over for the rest of the season is the 4th quarter in its entirety.  15-0. 

It really looks like something clicked during those 15 minutes and I believe we will see a different team going forward.

Hasn't this been said after every 4th qtr comeback:?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

What happens if when we play Houston, Cincinnati and UCF when Gilbert opens up the playbook from the start like we did for the comeback against GT and Illinois? We need to utilize more slant passes and 10-15 yard passes. We simply move the chains when we go to hurry up passing offense and use our speed and athleticism. Do we crown him a genius or he say he just made obvious adjustments. I still believe we will see 10-15 HB dives a game regardless.

Strong was quoted in the presser today saying that the defense Tulsa was running prevented throws up that middle, that it forced them into the long side throws. This makes zero sense to me that a coordinator can only produce an option of throwing long or running when the defense is “diverse.” Did it ever occur to them that teams are game planning based on the same exact system we’ve been beating into the ground? 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,401

17 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Strong was quoted in the presser today saying that the defense Tulsa was running prevented throws up that middle, that it forced them into the long side throws. This makes zero sense to me that a coordinator can only produce an option of throwing long or running when the defense is “diverse.” Did it ever occur to them that teams are game planning based on the same exact system we’ve been beating into the ground? 

I agree maybe he is just sticking up for his boys and coaching staff. The kids are fighting for him every 4th quarter. Now the coaches, I am not too sure about that.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw