• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We need a better HC than CCS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

There is a lot of opportunity for improvement. It is reasonable to be thankful for progress while staying hungry for improvement. Next year we have the opportunity to make a splash on the national scene like UCF has done the past 2 years. I for one would like to see us take full advantage and silence the doubters instead of scraping by with a record that looks better on paper than to the national viewership.

We sure do.  Wiscy, Ga Tech and BYU.  Win those games and we've made a splash.  But, then, you need to go and win the conference as well.  We all know our history with doing that.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

There is a lot of opportunity for improvement. It is reasonable to be thankful for progress while staying hungry for improvement. Next year we have the opportunity to make a splash on the national scene like UCF has done the past 2 years. I for one would like to see us take full advantage and silence the doubters instead of scraping by with a record that looks better on paper than to the national viewership.

Last year was a great opportunity to make a splash on the national scene and we choked it away.  Why is next year a bigger opportunity than this year?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

21 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Last year was a great opportunity to make a splash on the national scene and we choked it away.  Why is next year a bigger opportunity than this year?

Better OOC games

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Think how much more we had to complain about in year 2 of CWT. I agree we may not have it together as much as last year, but we have new on-field leaders on both sides of the ball. While they're figuring this thing out together vs the OOC teams, we're winning. The overall strategy on the field seems ok so far, and the potential seems there to execute.

I've got similar concerns, but hopefully the best is still ahead of us.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm less than enthused by the lack of improvement when it comes to things like penalties, consistent effort, and finishing games when we are basically at the halfway point of the season.    These are things that are purely coaching driven but don't seem to be getting any better.  If we don't start cleaning up some of those things plus making actual X's and O's improvements we'll be watching C. play for the conference title again this season.   I'll take winning ugly over losing any day but all the ugly in those wins usually ends up biting you in the ass somewhere down the line.   Bad football almost always catches up with you somewhere along way.......   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

In terms of penalties we have had two games where it was very low, one game it was average he, and two games it was high. This is what happens to young team. Coaches can control this but only tona degree as you can’t coach inexperienced to experience.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In terms of penalties we have had two games where it was very low, one game it was average he, and two games it was high. This is what happens to young team. Coaches can control this but only tona degree as you can’t coach inexperienced to experience.

I would agree if it wasn't an issue last season.  Even with a more veteran roster we were one of the most penalized teams in the country.  We averaged around 9 penalties a game last season this season we are around 8.  

The penalties, letting teams crawl back into games, and slow starts are all things that are heavily linked to metal discipline.   This is something CCS and the coaches need to figure out.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I would agree if it wasn't an issue last season.  Even with a more veteran roster we were one of the most penalized teams in the country.  We averaged around 9 penalties a game last season this season we are around 8.  

The penalties, letting teams crawl back into games, and slow starts are all things that are heavily linked to metal discipline.   This is something CCS and the coaches need to figure out.  

I agree it has been a killer at times. Let’s see what happens after this half point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

21 hours ago, beastiebull said:

because we do not have a time machine

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

While this thread might just be trolling, I love it when some one shouts "we need a better coach" but does not bother to say whop that coach should be. CCS is in year 2 of his effort to shape the program. We act like he's been here for a decade and "can't take us to the next level"-- that dumb line of thinking ended up getting rid of the most passionate coach in USF history (lets be honest-- if the admin wanted to keep him, they could have found a way).

Short of being around the team 24x7, I don't see how anyone on this message board can really know how well things are going based simply on game performance. Not to worry though-- as long as CCS keeps winning at USF, some other program will cough up the buyout dough, snatch him up, and we will be on to our next new coach that we can scrutinize at every turn. If we are lucky, CCS might get us a AACC before that happens. Can we all agree he is doing a good job on the recruiting front at the very least? Some people are never happy