• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why the Dark uniforms?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

These are Russell Athletics uniforms. GT began a contract with Adidas in 2018 and has new jerseys. See my post in on Page 3. I havent been able to find any information about Adidas alternate jerseys for them.  

This is all I could find:

0q0gAWm.png

wmIM8UM.png

9fNLGYP.png

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/112581-georgia-tech-adidas-concept/

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Well Adidas only revealed the two White Jerseys not very long ago so I doubt they would have the alternate jersey out yet. In two games the home versus away are pretty similar. Different pants. Different colored numbers. Seems about it. 

Image result for Alcorn State at GT football

Image result for Georgia tech at usf

Edited by usf97

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, Triple B said:

I doubt that observation came from a knowledgeable source .... unless the source knew they were wearing white and knew the following:

Heat is not just coming in off of the sun. It's also coming off a person's own, sweating, warm-blooded, mammalian body, which is a lot closer than the sun is. When all that body heat hits the white clothing covering it, it gets reflected right back towards the body. When we wear white, we cook ourselves.

The best color to keep cool in the heat, it turns out, is to wear black. Black absorbs everything coming in from the sun, sure. But black also absorbs energy from the body instead of reflecting it back. Now, the helpfulness of black clothes depends on finding black clothes that are the same thickness and looseness as those summery white clothes. Black clothing also needs a little help from atmospheric conditions. Once it has absorbed heat, it has to have some way to radiate it away. If there's even a little wind, black clothing is the better choice for those who want to keep cool, like goths who understandably don't like sweating through their make-up. So find something black to wear this summer.

I suppose that if two cars with same engines running under a blistering sun, one with a white hood and one with a black hood. The white hooded cars hood would be cooler than the black car.

21 hours ago, JTrue said:

We cover this every time someone brings up the heat. 

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

meh

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, Old_Bull said:

I suppose that if two cars with same engines running under a blistering sun, one with a white hood and one with a black hood. The white hooded cars hood would be cooler than the black car.

Article I quoted pertained to clothing. An automotive breakdown would require further research. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Article I quoted pertained to clothing. An automotive breakdown would require further research. 

Wouldn’t they both have the same color on the inside of the hood so the heat wouldn’t reflect back to the engine from the white because it’s not white?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Wouldn’t they both have the same color on the inside of the hood so the heat wouldn’t reflect back to the engine from the white because it’s not white?

Something similar popped into my mind but then I thought “**** it. I’ll worry bout that when USF sponsors an entry in NASCAR”.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Something similar popped into my mind but then I thought “**** it. I’ll worry bout that when USF sponsors an entry in NASCAR”.  

I’m actually completely guessing but I wouldn’t let a silly thing like being uninformed prevent me from wildly speculating based on the little information that I have.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I thought as a board we evolved past critiquing shades of colors.

This thread rhymes with ECU....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

13 hours ago, puc86 said:

I’m actually completely guessing but I wouldn’t let a silly thing like being uninformed prevent me from wildly speculating based on the little information that I have.

I wish you would sometimes ...

• Haha 1