• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

+35 point guess for USF versus GT question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

42 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

In USF's last 30 games dating back to 2015 they have scored less than 30 only twice.

I can't agree with making that argument. This is a different offense. That 30 PPG streak was possible because of the way we were able to get the ball into the hands of our gamechangers -- we had about 3,000 yard passing and 3,000 yards rushing in each of those seasons. I'm confident we'll get our passing yards, but we don't know yet that our rushing game will be enough of a threat to allow BB to do his thing or if we're going to be forced to be one-dimensional. We only have the Elon game to judge by with our current personnel so we can't compare it to the 2015 - 2017 offenses.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, longestdays said:

MNW Point taken... true enough. 

I say, I say ...touche 

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

USF will almost undoubtedly get their points. It's just going to be a matter of how well they stop the run. 

If we don't stop the run, we may not have time to get the points.  

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, longestdays said:

Don't het me wrong, the stats and score are impressive. 37 points on average is very good! 

I get a +30 prediction.  But the 45 prediction is very interesting. I would also say GT fans saying less than 21 points  are outside the norm (taking into account 12 versus 14 possessions - 14 possessions score would be 26-27 points equivalent, which is your low end score with Tulsa and Houston)

39 minutes ago, TheUpperHand said:

I can't agree with making that argument. This is a different offense. That 30 PPG streak was possible because of the way we were able to get the ball into the hands of our gamechangers -- we had about 3,000 yard passing and 3,000 yards rushing in each of those seasons. I'm confident we'll get our passing yards, but we don't know yet that our rushing game will be enough of a threat to allow BB to do his thing or if we're going to be forced to be one-dimensional. We only have the Elon game to judge by with our current personnel so we can't compare it to the 2015 - 2017 offenses.

UpperHand is right - we just can't use the last several years stats to predict how USF's offense will perform tomorrow.  Different QB with a different skill set.  

I'm just ready for kickoff.  Looking forward to a great game.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Although I hope Woody's defense is all that... I think USF will score some points. GT is just to young on a new defensive scheme to say anything else until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Now you have me thinking, I don't remember it raining (or if it did it was not substantial enough to remember) at SJSU. Kind of remember hoping the sun went down or behind clouds.

That's what I remember.  Hot.  No rain.  Sluggish offense.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, longestdays said:

2017 had USF had ~ 2.6 points per possessions (14 possession average and 37 point per game average) with a pretty easy schedule. Don't expect more than 12 possessions (unless it is a turnover fest). 

35 to 28 makes more since if you are a home town hero, and that is saying you perform as well as last years average. Most people are predicting more USF offense than any team GT played last year including Clemson and uga.

On the GT score side I see the 21 to 28 points given that only Duke (20) and Clemson (7) held GT to less than 21 points last year. USF defense was rated close to Dukes FEI last year. 

Is USF is going to hang more on GT than the teams USF played last year other than East Carolina and Illinois? 

Got to remember Duke plays GT every year and knows the option offense better. They also play tougher competition (no offense to USF) y’all don’t have much control over that. Everything’s not made equal when comparing teams. 

As far as the offense y’all still have a ? At QB compared to last year, however we have a ? At DB. 

Its really hard to make comparisons to last year when so many things are different. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Option-run offense has given us fits in the past, but putting Navy in our conference has helped us prepare better, and CCS is no novice in preparing the D. We're pretty young on the D-side, though, and pretty thin in some positions. I'm a little concerned we may not be able to stop it at some point, so I'm just hopeful our O clicks and we have more points at 0:00 in the 4th.