• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

+35 point guess for USF versus GT question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

2017 had USF had ~ 2.6 points per possessions (14 possession average and 37 point per game average) with a pretty easy schedule. Don't expect more than 12 possessions (unless it is a turnover fest). 

35 to 28 makes more since if you are a home town hero, and that is saying you perform as well as last years average. Most people are predicting more USF offense than any team GT played last year including Clemson and uga.

On the GT score side I see the 21 to 28 points given that only Duke (20) and Clemson (7) held GT to less than 21 points last year. USF defense was rated close to Dukes FEI last year. 

Is USF is going to hang more on GT than the teams USF played last year other than East Carolina and Illinois? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, longestdays said:

2017 had USF had ~ 2.6 points per possessions (14 possession average and 37 point per game average) with a pretty easy schedule. Don't expect more than 12 possessions (unless it is a turnover fest). 

35 to 28 makes more since if you are a home town hero, and that is saying you perform as well as last years average. Most people are predicting more USF offense than any team GT played last year including Clemson and uga.

On the GT score side I see the 21 to 28 points given that only Duke (20) and Clemson (7) held GT to less than 21 points last year. USF defense was rated close to Dukes FEI last year. 

Is USF is going to hang more on GT than the teams USF played last year other than East Carolina and Illinois? 

Yes

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

this is why they play the games-- to find out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

In USF's last 30 games dating back to 2015 they have scored less than 30 only twice. One was a rainy game vs a Ed Oliver led Houston D that we scored 24 in a nail biter loss. The other was a 27 point effort in a road win vs Tulsa. USF will almost undoubtedly get their points. It's just going to be a matter of how well they stop the run. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Actually now that I think of it I'm not so sure it rained vs Houston. I may be confusing it with the SJSU game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Actually now that I think of it I'm not so sure it rained vs Houston. I may be confusing it with the SJSU game.

Now you have me thinking, I don't remember it raining (or if it did it was not substantial enough to remember) at SJSU. Kind of remember hoping the sun went down or behind clouds.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

Don't het me wrong, the stats and score are impressive. 37 points on average is very good! 

I get a +30 prediction.  But the 45 prediction is very interesting. I would also say GT fans saying less than 21 points  are outside the norm (taking into account 12 versus 14 possessions - 14 possessions score would be 26-27 points equivalent, which is your low end score with Tulsa and Houston)

Edited by longestdays

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Now you have me thinking, I don't remember it raining (or if it did it was not substantial enough to remember) at SJSU. Kind of remember hoping the sun went down or behind clouds.

It rained a good amount during the Houston game last year.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502

17 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

It rained before the game and into the first quarter for sure.  I remember sitting in the end zone with ponchos wondering what happened to the offense.

It's going to be important to put together some longer drives to give the defense a rest.  I'm excited for the game, but nervous about our defense.

Edited by bullstampede9922

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

tumblr_inline_o8grtvv2y61r5p2sp_640.jpg

I predict a double kaiju 

• Haha 1