• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good test for our coaching staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This week against GT will tell a great deal about our football coaching staff. GT will bring no secrets; they are going to play their game. If our coaches can put together a winning plan, the team will do well. Let's hope our players can execute well the whole game.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Agree with this post.   The coaching staff has the athletes to win this game, how well they are prepared will be the difference.   On a side note, Strong has left hs imprint on this team, did not notice it last year, however this year it is pretty clear.   During the "Swag" song when all are swaying back and forth, the USF sideline was focused on the game, no one was jumping around, the team was all business.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I would have been worried if we didn't have "Big Red." I think if the offense can get jump on them early and GT has to play from behind that we can win this. The only thing that scares me is the D getting gashed and not playing assignment football. 

This game is all about playing smart AND hard.

Players need to play their own assignments and trust their teammates to play theirs.

When a player gets out of position, GT will exploit that.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

We haven't done well in the past with teams that control the clock.  GT will limit our offensive opportunities by utilizing the clock and eating up time.  We need to make every time with the ball count with points on the board.  Hopefully we will get help on the defense with also putting some points on the board.  Heading to Tampa...go Bulls!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I’m preparing to celebrate Coach Brian Jean-Mary’s success shutting down the GT offense!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

300%

If our game plan is sound we'll win. The way GT plays is no surprise.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

10 hours ago, T-Man said:

Agree with this post.   The coaching staff has the athletes to win this game, how well they are prepared will be the difference.   On a side note, Strong has left his imprint on this team, did not notice it last year, however this year it is pretty clear.   During the "Swag" song when all are swaying back and forth, the USF sideline was focused on the game, no one was jumping around, the team was all business.

Love that sign of discipline. There is a time to dance/play around and then there is a time to kick butts. Focus on the field does not mean you never have fun-- you just have that fun after you've dropped the opponent for a loss.

man-- I really want to see this game played! Last week was no where near as interesting as this one is going to be. It will be a slug fest.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Love that sign of discipline. There is a time to dance/play around and then there is a time to kick butts. Focus on the field does not mean you never have fun-- you just have that fun after you've dropped the opponent for a loss.

man-- I really want to see this game played! Last week was no where near as interesting as this one is going to be. It will be a slug fest.

Yeah no kidding. After GT we have a soft schedule until Houston on 10/27.

I have been pumped for this game all week. Hopefully our guys show up and get the W!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, JimUSFSig said:

This game is all about playing smart AND hard.

Players need to play their own assignments and trust their teammates to play theirs.

When a player gets out of position, GT will exploit that.

Agree the team has to play hard and attacking but they all have to play within the assignment they have and trust each other.   GT will get yards no doubt your not going to shut them out but if we can make them punt the ball....say 5 or 6+ times we win.