• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Love the All Black Unies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

I really like the black alternates! This is Florida though, so I would not expect them to choose to wear black in the Florida sun very often. I would expect them to wear them if we get any nationally televised games this year, that are either up north or at night. But that is about it. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

44 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

I really like the black alternates! This is Florida though, so I would not expect them to choose to wear black in the Florida sun very often. I would expect them to wear them if we get any nationally televised games this year, that are either up north or at night. But that is about it. 

Again I ask, how much difference can there be between dark green (normal home uni) and black?  

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Again I ask, how much difference can there be between dark green (normal home uni) and black?  

From a scientific standpoint, the black absorbs more heat than any other color. I get your thinking though, the dark green also would absorb a lot of heat. I just think black would be WAY too hot. Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we typically opted for white over green in our 12pm games in the past? 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

38 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

From a scientific standpoint, the black absorbs more heat than any other color. I get your thinking though, the dark green also would absorb a lot of heat. I just think black would be WAY too hot. Correct me if I am wrong, but haven't we typically opted for white over green in our 12pm games in the past? 

You're wrong, per NCAA rules, a team has to wear their dark jerseys at home unless both teams agree to the change prior to the start of the season.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

You must be thinking about the Bucs. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

55 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

You're wrong, per NCAA rules, a team has to wear their dark jerseys at home unless both teams agree to the change prior to the start of the season.

Time to get the emails out.  But don't think from what we've read about Ga Tech that they would go for it.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

It may have happened once (maybe twice) for the Bulls.  We did wear the white Soflo's against Tulsa last year and that might be it and that was a Thursday night game.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Time to get the emails out.  But don't think from what we've read about Ga Tech that they would go for it.

Oddly enough, GT has a home white and a road white for 2018, but no dark clash jersey to be seen.

IMG_2312.JPG