• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ole Miss Transfer TE?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So he has been covering it and his first post on the subject was not from today?

Huh? That was 20 minutes ago.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Huh? That was 20 minutes ago.

So he hasn’t “been covering it”. He just mentioned it for the first time today when he stuck out to everyone.

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So he hasn’t “been covering it”. He just mentioned it for the first time today when he stuck out to everyone.

I'm not defending Joey's coverage, i just mentioned that he was covering this today. He brought it up that Mathis was on the roster which got the conversation going and it ended up on here.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

I'm not defending Joey's coverage, i just mentioned that he was covering this today. He brought it up that Mathis was on the roster which got the conversation going and it ended up on here.

Actually, Tito Benach posted it and JK forwarded it.

8 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Actually, Tito Benach posted it and JK forwarded it.

Joey mentioned it first, as far as I can tell, 2 hours ago. Tito Benach retweeted him.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.24 PM.png

4 minutes ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Joey mentioned it first, as far as I can tell, 2 hours ago. Tito Benach retweeted him.

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 1.36.24 PM.png

So an hour earlier. Still wonder why he only sniffed it today and the guy had to catch a pass to get noticed. 😖

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I think I mentioned with one of the previous transfers that Charlie Strong does not put out any information about Transfers until they're already in route or on campus.  He did it at Ville a lot., most notable was Michael Dwyer from Auburn to Ville. Nothing against beat reporters, but it's not Joey's fault or anyone else for not knowing, Strong has and likely will always keep his cards close to his chest.  I'm not fan of Joey but this goes wherever Charlie goes.  He's done it every single time, to include with Blake Barnett... turns out he's been on campus since the end of spring, not when it was reported on.  He also did it with the Duke transfers... 

Also... given that all of the Ole Miss transfers were granted immediate eligibility this season, he's likely going to be eligible right away. 

Edited by Calibull
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I think I mentioned with one of the previous transfers that Charlie Strong does not put out any information about Transfers until they're already in route or on campus.  He did it at Ville a lot., most notable was Michael Dwyer from Auburn to Ville. Nothing against beat reporters, but it's not Joey's fault or anyone else for not knowing, Strong has and likely will always keep his cards close to his chest.  I'm not fan of Joey but this goes wherever Charlie goes.  He's done it every single time, to include with Blake Barnett... turns out he's been on campus since the end of spring, not when it was reported on.  He also did it with the Duke transfers... 

Gotcha. So we have a coach who can keep a secret from the press. We had better win a Nati this year because chances are, tOSU will come calling. :roflmao:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Mods, please feel free to move all of this off topic stuff to the Luke Fickell thread.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

11th ranked TE in the nation coming out of high school. Quite the offer list. Lets hope he jells well and helps solve the positional depth issue we had at TE. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Jacob-Mathis-56176/high-school-96679 

• Upvote 1