• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back to football! Watch and compare the 2 bowls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

I recently watched the bowl game against Texas Tech. Gonna watch the South Carolina game soon.

I thought we were really good as a team against South Carolina. I wasn't impressed against Texas Tech. Good, yes, but not as good as the team against South Carolina.

Why talk about ancient history?

(1) Dying for USF football! (2) Defensively, we've been iffy for a long time. (3) What are we going to do without QF bailing us out? --I'm trying to predict what we'll see this season.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

7-5 this year, Badboy Mowers Bowl here we come

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I wish there would be some rules on who can sponsor a bowl and then somehow have the sponsor engage in the people who actually go to the game. Like for Little Ceasar's it would be easy, free pizza. BadBoy Mowers could set up a race track and allow fans to race lawn mowers. That would be cool. So schmuckity sponsers like IBM couldn't sponsor a bowl because what are they going to offer the fans? Your sponsor would have to be something interesting and be able to present a positive feel good interaction with the people who actually show up. This would appeal to the smaller bowls more so than the bigger bowls. Then if we got 7-5 amd ended up at the badboy mowers bowl, we'd be like well, this is lame, but eff it we get to race mowers!

Edited by cophbulls

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

Back in my college days,  bowls weren't named after sponsors,  people went to bowl games to watch football,  not for racing lawnmowers or other gimmicks,  made for TV bottom-feeder-bowls didn’t exist,  and  best of all games didn’t drag out for 4-1/2 to 5 hrs.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

Un- duh-Fee-ted :)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

15 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Back in my college days,  bowls weren't named after sponsors,  people went to bowl games to watch football,  not for racing lawnmowers or other gimmicks,  made for TV bottom-feeder-bowls didn’t exist,  and  best of all games didn’t drag out for 4-1/2 to 5 hrs.

CSB 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

It’s hard to not be concerned about QB but I think the 3 guys we have are all really good.  I just want to see consistency and proven effectiveness on offense.  If we make it to something like the peach bowl I’d be ecstatic but I’m honestly fine with any bowl game because I can’t forget how depressing things were a few years ago. 

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,137
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

It’s hard to not be concerned about QB but I think the 3 guys we have are all really good.  I just want to see consistency and proven effectiveness on offense.  If we make it to something like the peach bowl I’d be ecstatic but I’m honestly fine with any bowl game because I can’t forget how depressing things were a few years ago. 

We've never had success with a QB other than one that could make plays with his legs. I'm hoping we are aware of and learn from that history.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We've never had success with a QB other than one that could make plays with his legs. I'm hoping we are aware of and learn from that history.

But...that success never led to a single conference championship.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,137
  • Days Won:  56

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

But...that success never led to a single conference championship.

Right - and our non-mobile QB years led to disaster (see: Ronnie Banks, Mike White, et al) - which was my point.