• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know your joking but he would have never cracked the starting lineup as a RB. 

So I guess he has no shot in the pros then.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

10 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I feel like some vulcan mind trick just happened

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

Quinton Flowers won’t let going undrafted or changing positions hold him back with Bengals

The Bengals promised Flowers they’d do everything they could to help him make the team.

By PatrickJudis@PatrickJudis  

It was fairly surprising to see Quinton Flowers’ name not get called during draft weekend. The 5’10”, 214 pound University of South Florida quarterback who rushed for 1,078 yards and threw for 2,911 yards his senior season was left to field calls from teams instead of seeing his name go by on the bottom of the TV.

“I was surprised by that. After everything I did in college, all the records … staying out of trouble … you thought I’d be one of those guys that get drafted,” Flowers told Geoff Hobson of the Bengals.com about what happened following the NFL Draft. “Things didn’t go as planned, so you keep pushing ahead. In life, you have to have the right mindset. I’ve always had faith in God and that’s one thing I’ll always say. He never made a mistake. That gets me through. Everything happens for a reason. I just told myself God did it for a reason. So after the draft, I just sat back and the Bengals were the first team to text me and they wanted me to be a part of the organization and I talked to my agent and we made it happen.”

According to Marvin Lewis, the Bengals promised Flowers they’d do everything they could to help him earn a spot on the team.

Lewis on Flowers: We promised him we’d do everything we can to help him make the team.

It seems like the coaches like him quite a bit; he’ll be a player to watch for this summer.

Rest of story

9 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I feel like some vulcan mind trick just happened

Well, if the poster thinks he couldn't make USF's roster as a RB pretty sure it follows that he can't make a pro team.  Okay, it is the Bengals but they are still considered a pro team.  Not saying I believe that.  I could see him as a 3rd down guy.  Don't think he's a 25 carry a game guy up the middle - despite doing just that while here.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Not necessarily. If gets excellent coaching during the transition that will help. Also, it is according how they would use him. I think he would be excellent in designed wild cat sets where he runs/pass options. Also special third down back packages. Practice squad initially then hopefully he can grow from there and become that third down back. But I think he has a tough road ahead but if anyone can do it it is Q. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

If Flowers had come to USF as a RB, he would have started. I don't think most of you realize most teams recruiting him out of highs school wanted him as a Safety or a RB.  I'd say this, if he decided to play RB in college, he would not had been at USF, he would have likely gone to the SEC or Miami.  All people have done is doubt the man can play positions.  He was the most instinctive and natural runner we had.  You can't teach vision and moves.  I seriously don't think many followed his high school recruitment... at least based on comments.  It's funny, I think he's going to have a better career than Mack.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Calibull said:

If Flowers had come to USF as a RB, he would have started. I don't think most of you realize most teams recruiting him out of highs school wanted him as a Safety or a RB.  I'd say this, if he decided to play RB in college, he would not had been at USF, he would have likely gone to the SEC or Miami.  All people have done is doubt the man can play positions.  He was the most instinctive and natural runner we had.  You can't teach vision and moves.  I seriously don't think many followed his high school recruitment... at least based on comments.  It's funny, I think he's going to have a better career than Mack.

That is more than likely true.  Came here because of the shot to play QB.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:
1 hour ago, Calibull said:

That is more than likely true.  Came here because of the shot to play QB.

I still believe he'll get a shot at starting QB some day soon.