• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls are ranked #20 by Baseball America

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

20 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Well right now, ECU, UNC, Duke, and NC state are in the running to host. There's a chance that they all host. I think two or more end up hosting and SC makes it, they would go there. We won't make it past G-ville or Tally. 

Never say never. Baseball is an interesting sport. We already have shown that we can compete with top 10 teams. If we happened to be hot at the right time, I could see us taking down FSU. If we continue to win 2 out of 3, it would be a travesty if they stuck us in with the potential #1 overall seed Gators.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

44 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Never say never. Baseball is an interesting sport. We already have shown that we can compete with top 10 teams. If we happened to be hot at the right time, I could see us taking down FSU. If we continue to win 2 out of 3, it would be a travesty if they stuck us in with the potential #1 overall seed Gators.  

Anything can happen so it is possible. Just wouldn't put my money on it right now. I don't see us as a very successful tournament team. But you can bet we are getting stuck in either G-villie of Tally. That's just a location thing. I don't think Stetson will have the resume to host, but they have had our number this season too ( although it was mid-week games). Outside of that, there's a chance we can host, but we will need to sweep at least one of these series and win the rest to get a solid look as a host site. But I have a gut feeling that we will be back in G-villie, as a 2  seed and falling to them on their way back to Omaha. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

27 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Anything can happen so it is possible. Just wouldn't put my money on it right now. I don't see us as a very successful tournament team. But you can bet we are getting stuck in either G-villie of Tally. That's just a location thing. I don't think Stetson will have the resume to host, but they have had our number this season too ( although it was mid-week games). Outside of that, there's a chance we can host, but we will need to sweep at least one of these series and win the rest to get a solid look as a host site. But I have a gut feeling that we will be back in G-villie, as a 2  seed and falling to them on their way back to Omaha. 

I could see us matched up with FSU. We really need to finish strong and have the Noles flounder down the stretch and maybe we can steal the host slot from them. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I could see us matched up with FSU. We really need to finish strong and have the Noles flounder down the stretch and maybe we can steal the host slot from them. 

These folks have us in Tally

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/baseball/bracketology

Baseball America had us in Gainesville last week:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/projected-field-of-64-april-18-2018/

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Gainesville = 10% chance of advancing

Tallahassee = 35% chance of advancing  

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Gainesville = 10% chance of advancing

Tallahassee = 35% chance of advancing  

10 feels high. Sorry but Singer is for real and doesn’t need near the amount help he gets. So you can bet he wins their first game and everyone else will have to beat that lineup twice. Good luck. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

10 feels high. Sorry but Singer is for real and doesn’t need near the amount help he gets. So you can bet he wins their first game and everyone else will have to beat that lineup twice. Good luck. 

Yeah  I was going to say 5%. But I just did not have the heart to do it. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

The bullpen seems to have found a handful of quality arms to bridge to Perez and a lot of those guys can also start. Don’t forget how close USF was to stealing that first game against UF. They played them coast to coast. 

26 minutes ago, Ionbull said:

The bullpen seems to have found a handful of quality arms to bridge to Perez and a lot of those guys can also start. Don’t forget how close USF was to stealing that first game against UF. They played them coast to coast. 

This is very true, we say these things because of what UF returns( Maldonado, Schwarz, India, Horvath, Singer, Kowar, Byrne.....All studs). I don't know if they can repeat, but I believe they are a train bound Omaha. I would love to be in the tally region. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Way too early for this type of talk.  Need to handle Memphis this week.  Gotta win 2 out of 3.  A sweep would be nice, but definitely can't count on that.  The midweek game in Gainesville doesn't mean much, but would be a nice feather in our cap.  The Wichita State series will be huge if we take care of business this weekend.  I've been saying all year if we finish Top 4 in the conference we go dancing.  Hoping we can somehow win it all before the conference tourney