• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Malik Martin leaving USF MBB team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:54 PM, cophbulls said:

I wish i could join you in that excitement. Nothing changes, MBB is a revolving door since CSH was shown the door. 

yea but every 10-12 years or so we get to the point that we are half way decent.  

Once CBG gets it completely turned back around in 3-4 years we will be just about due.

Edited by beastiebull

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/8/2018 at 8:25 PM, Triple B said:

I'm guessing one major part of that systematic problem may be lack of support and USF Athletics job is made tougher by fans looking for reasons not to support ..... but you are correct, you certainly aren't alone.

OK, so your answer is to blindly throw money into a void. That's fine. I have a finite amount of it. I'd rather support things that show results and improvement. I haven't seen an iota of improvement in this program since I was a student. They're not getting my support to continue doing that. There's no reason we shouldn't be competing with UCF every year in conference. I'm not talking about a high bar here. I pulled my support after Tags 2nd season as well. _something_ clearly happened that lit a fire under people. You're welcome.

Edited by The Great 8

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

OK, so your answer is to blindly throw money into a void. That's fine. I have a finite amount of it. I'd rather support things that show results and improvement. I haven't seen an iota of improvement in this program since I was a student. They're not getting my support to continue doing that. There's no reason we shouldn't be competing with UCF every year in conference. I'm not talking about a high bar here. I pulled my support after Tags 2nd season as well. _something_ clearly happened that lit a fire under people. You're welcome.

My answer is you gave Taggart two years (one year following MSU)  but in your supposed favorite sport, with a coach you're optimistic about, you don't want to give him any help at all .... and then whine about how we should be competing with UCF every year. Something just doesn't compute.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

12 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

I pulled my support after Tags 2nd season as well. _something_ clearly happened that lit a fire under people. You're welcome.

_something_ could just as easily been a visit from the AD, a heart-to-heart with the players, or maybe just that players had more talent and got the system better. But sure, maybe supporters pulling support was the best motivator...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

_something_ could just as easily been a visit from the AD, a heart-to-heart with the players, or maybe just that players had more talent and got the system better. But sure, maybe supporters pulling support was the best motivator...

it was definitely him pulling his support

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

39 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

it was definitely him pulling his support

We all know it was Harlan installing his offense ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We all know it was Harlan installing his offense ....

Well of course, but only after he pulled his support .......... 

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Well of course, but only after he pulled his support .......... 

Good obsrevation ...

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, Triple B said:

My answer is you gave Taggart two years (one year following MSU)  but in your supposed favorite sport, with a coach you're optimistic about, you don't want to give him any help at all .... and then whine about how we should be competing with UCF every year. Something just doesn't compute.

Again. This isn't tied to one coach. Basketball has been mired in mediocrity the overwhelming majority of my time as a fan. Meanwhile, football exhibited the most meteoric rise in the modern era of college football. 

One deserved more leash.

And yet, basketball got it from me. Until very recently. 

Football had me thinking it was a waste of money after Holtz and then Taggart subsequently being a moron. Displeased people (fans, boosters, even players) very much influenced the change we saw take place.

UCF has passed us largely by taking on debt. Their bet paid off as they now have significantly more donations than we do and a better atmosphere at football and basketball. Pulling financial support is not going to cripple the program. I'm not saying I'm not interested in the program, attending games when I can, etc. But I'm also not subsidizing the program directly until / if things change. And frankly, if they don't change we shouldn't even have a program.