• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Malik Martin leaving USF MBB team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, Triple B said:

No. I thought the same thing, that he had one more year, but he didn't .... and it must have somehow been because of the mid-season transfer

That is too bad - it would have almost been better for him to sit the full year in 16-17, rather then start playing in January (he really was not much of a factor that year)

With the way he finished this year (and with Martin leaving), he would have been poised for a big year in 18-19.

I guess hindsight is 20/20

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You haven't seen them play a game. Why do you "like" them?

You mean see them play in a USF uniform... because I've seen them all play.  I what I've seen leads me to my statement... I like the guys who had to sit.  Would you like that I list their names?  I've seen Ridaeu and Lang play in college games.  So that's why "I like them

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

You don't worry that Rideau shoots less than 40% from 3 and about 55% from the FT line?   Lang's numbers aren't impressive either. But I haven't watched them play.  Don't get me wrong, I hope you are right but I don't know if they'll be any better than Martin/Holston.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

On 4/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, Triple B said:

Stayed committed to USF even with Stan out of the picture, gutted out the xCOA years and the injuries .... I guess he's figured he's paid his dues to the college hoops gods, knows we're still several years away and wants to make the best of his final two years. May land with one of Heath's ex- USF staff somewhere.

Hopefully, no airports will be involved in transfer.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Brad said:

Hopefully, no airports will be involved in transfer.  

I believe the airport card was played earlier in the thread ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Sequel

91eSkmL3VWL._SL1500_.jpg

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sequel

91eSkmL3VWL._SL1500_.jpg

Perfect analogy ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

On 4/4/2018 at 1:02 AM, Vega said:

The team is going to be better next season. Coach Gregory needed scholarships and he now has them. Holston leaving is no surprise as it was expected. Injuries have robbed him of his explosion and agility. Minimum PT at best if he stayed. Martin wouldn't be getting starters minutes next season and clearly he's a guy that wants that. Would've love if he stayed but I understand if he still wants to chase his dream of the NBA elsewhere. 

Got a real nice class coming in with what's coming back. 3 more possible recruits will be added. Excited for the future of USF men basketball.

I wish i could join you in that excitement. Nothing changes, MBB is a revolving door since CSH was shown the door. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/6/2018 at 10:35 AM, Triple B said:

That was a response to someone who said they weren't renewing and I assumed that meant they had tix last year .... and it makes no freaking sense to not renew this year if you grasp the situation they're in.

And as far as making folks work harder, not sure what else you wanted them to do. Cut loose a train wreck of a head coach midway thru his 3rd year and hiried one with a pretty nice track record at this level ... who then had to come in and almost totally rebuild a roster in an expansion team type situation. Sounds like your grasping for reasons to not support your favorite sport being played at your alma mater, which is curious to me.

Pulling my support isn’t only because of Antigua. It was the final straw. I honestly don’t have an informed opinion on what Harlan could’ve done better. You’d just opine about the reasons why it’s invalid even if I did. That said, it’s not my job to figure out what else they should’ve done. It’s USF Athletics job to get a team to win more than 15 games more than a couple times per decade. Clearly, there’s a systematic problem. I’m optimistic that Gregory will get the job done, and when he starts showing results, my support will come back. I suspect the same for others too.

8 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Pulling my support isn’t only because of Antigua. It was the final straw. I honestly don’t have an informed opinion on what Harlan could’ve done better. You’d just opine about the reasons why it’s invalid even if I did. That said, it’s not my job to figure out what else they should’ve done. It’s USF Athletics job to get a team to win more than 15 games more than a couple times per decade. Clearly, there’s a systematic problem. I’m optimistic that Gregory will get the job done, and when he starts showing results, my support will come back. I suspect the same for others too.

I'm guessing one major part of that systematic problem may be lack of support and USF Athletics job is made tougher by fans looking for reasons not to support ..... but you are correct, you certainly aren't alone.