• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Malik Martin leaving USF MBB team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

1. Men's bball never got any love from USF Athletics; everything was football (I'm not saying that it was the wrong move).

I've sat in a full 300 level and waited in a line winding past the rec center to do so. Where were you in the early 2000s?

I'd also add that we have some of the nicest BBall facilities in the conference. It hasn't really been all football.

Edited by George Jenkins

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

And the way to build stability while the program tries to get back on track with a new regime is to pull your support ....

I normally would agree with you.  Hang in through thick and thin.  I guess I could buy a cheap seat package for MBB but to go back and buy our former  seats is a lot of money between seat donations and ticket prices for what you get to see.  I think I may be suffering from USF athletics burnout.  For a few years we would make almost all men's and women's BB games, all home and 1/2 away football games, and 40 - 50% of baseball games.  Just feels like it is getting to be too much and have only made about 4 baseball games this year.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

I normally would agree with you.  Hang in through thick and thin.  I guess I could buy a cheap seat package for MBB but to go back and buy our former  seats is a lot of money between seat donations and ticket prices for what you get to see.  I think I may be suffering from USF athletics burnout.  For a few years we would make almost all men's and women's BB games, all home and 1/2 away football games, and 40 - 50% of baseball games.  Just feels like it is getting to be too much and have only made about 4 baseball games this year.  

And this is why I am thinking I will never return to Tampa full time. If I retired down there someday I would want to go to all sporting events. But after a while my concern is that I would get burned out watching and eventually not care as much. Being far away keeps the carrot on the stick wanting more and having interest. I know some alumni have not gone back to campus since graduation. But whenever I fly down for a game I make sure to hit the campus because I miss it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

16 hours ago, Triple B said:

And the way to build stability while the program tries to get back on track with a new regime is to pull your support ....

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Trust me, BB, any comment like that I make, you're the last person who needs to defend themself ...

11 hours ago, bowman1 said:

Does Manderson have any eligibility left?  It looks like he is done, but with the mid-season transfer from TT, I was not sure.

No. I thought the same thing, that he had one more year, but he didn't .... and it must have somehow been because of the mid-season transfer

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And this is why I am thinking I will never return to Tampa full time. If I retired down there someday I would want to go to all sporting events. But after a while my concern is that I would get burned out watching and eventually not care as much. Being far away keeps the carrot on the stick wanting more and having interest. I know some alumni have not gone back to campus since graduation. But whenever I fly down for a game I make sure to hit the campus because I miss it. 

All the more reason for a smaller stadium. At the moment, supply exceeds demand. Artificially reducing the supply could well make the environment more conducive to increasing the demand.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

No reason we can't compete for conference title going forward. 

In the BE we were a small fish in a huge pond filled with sharks.

In the AAC we should be a big fish.  I think CBG can get us there.  If he does I hope he stays. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I don't think we'll miss Malik Martin at all.  He had a couple of good games last season and that was about it.  I like the guys coming back and the guys who had to sit.  I'm excited to see Yenta  play and now we other bigs.  In terms of the program I think opening up those two scholarships will best serve us in both the long and short term.  

1 hour ago, beastiebull said:

No reason we can't compete for conference title going forward. 

In the BE we were a small fish in a huge pond filled with sharks.

In the AAC we should be a big fish.  I think CBG can get us there.  If he does I hope he stays. 

I'm there with you.  I don't think he's going to be quick to jump ships after what happened at Georgia Tech and having spent that year and a half out of coaching.  If he builds a winner, I think he'll stick around. 

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

10 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

You're supposed to endlessly support a train wreck? I pulled my resources too. Basketball is my favorite sport and this program has been in shambles in like 85% of seasons I've been a fan (10+ years). Maybe losing investment will make folks work harder, because getting an investment sure wasn't.

That was a response to someone who said they weren't renewing and I assumed that meant they had tix last year .... and it makes no freaking sense to not renew this year if you grasp the situation they're in.

And as far as making folks work harder, not sure what else you wanted them to do. Cut loose a train wreck of a head coach midway thru his 3rd year and hiried one with a pretty nice track record at this level ... who then had to come in and almost totally rebuild a roster in an expansion team type situation. Sounds like your grasping for reasons to not support your favorite sport being played at your alma mater, which is curious to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I don't think we'll miss Malik Martin at all.  He had a couple of good games last season and that was about it.  I like the guys coming back and the guys who had to sit.  I'm excited to see Yenta  play and now we other bigs.  In terms of the program I think opening up those two scholarships will best serve us in both the long and short term.  

I'm there with you.  I don't think he's going to be quick to jump ships after what happened at Georgia Tech and having spent that year and a half out of coaching.  If he builds a winner, I think he'll stick around. 

You haven't seen them play a game. Why do you "like" them?