• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Malik Martin leaving USF MBB team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Have to agree but hate to see him go ..... and, at this point, this is a pretty big loss. Hopefully this time next year we can say something different, and be able to actually back it up.

I think we will be ok. Plus I feel its good to get rid of the last 2 players from the Antigua era. There is a certain vibe/energy from that era that had to leave. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think we will be ok. Plus I feel its good to get rid of the last 2 players from the Antigua era. There is a certain vibe/energy from that era that had to leave. 

Technically, Holston was committed to Stan Heath. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

USF mens BB has been bad for so long I don't know if there is any hope for them.  I like Coach Gregory and even think he may have some success here.  As far as Chad Dollar leaving I don't know how big of a loss that really is.  You have to remember that Gregory spent a few years coaching in GA so he may still have connections.

• Topic Count:  2,327
  • Content Count:  21,276
  • Days Won:  10

USF Basketball is a revolving door and why I did not renew my tickets.  No stability.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, NessUSF said:

Technically, Holston was committed to Stan Heath. 

Stayed committed to USF even with Stan out of the picture, gutted out the xCOA years and the injuries .... I guess he's figured he's paid his dues to the college hoops gods, knows we're still several years away and wants to make the best of his final two years. May land with one of Heath's ex- USF staff somewhere.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Rizman said:

USF Basketball is a revolving door and why I did not renew my tickets.  No stability.

And the way to build stability while the program tries to get back on track with a new regime is to pull your support ....

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Stayed committed to USF even with Stan out of the picture, gutted out the xCOA years and the injuries .... I guess he's figured he's paid his dues to the college hoops gods, knows we're still several years away and wants to make the best of his final two years. May land with one of Heath's ex- USF staff somewhere.

This is well stated 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

Does Manderson have any eligibility left?  It looks like he is done, but with the mid-season transfer from TT, I was not sure.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

And the way to build stability while the program tries to get back on track with a new regime is to pull your support ....

You're supposed to endlessly support a train wreck? I pulled my resources too. Basketball is my favorite sport and this program has been in shambles in like 85% of seasons I've been a fan (10+ years). Maybe losing investment will make folks work harder, because getting an investment sure wasn't.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

1. Men's bball never got any love from USF Athletics; everything was football (I'm not saying that it was the wrong move).

2. Stan, before he was fired, finally got the facilities that he desperately needed.

3. Then, USF got snake bit twice, with hiring what's his name without a degree, and then threw money at somebody who didn't do anything with the program but made it worse. As you recall, we really didn't have an AD at the time; he was just getting the job.

4. Men's bball was left in shambles and ashes after what's his name was fired. Thank goodness the NCAA didn't take a hammer to us for the violations. I guess we had nothing that they could take away! This past season was just a season of filling the roster and getting started again after the dumpster was put out.

5. Men's bball needs us!   <---------------------Please don't give up on the program.

Edited by Flowers4Heisman