• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

38 years

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

USC and La Tech are in there too.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

With those 4 schools (USC is Southern Cal) you have 23 of 35 champions covered. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

So speaking solely as someone who could have a deeper conversation about Curling than WBB (or basketball in general). Ive seen a lot of talk about CJF and the question that still comes to my mind is, who is out there to come to USF? In the sport that I follow, there are usually about three to four names that could be available to programs looking. who is out there for USF? I personally believe that he should stay, 20 wins is tough and you cant base your success on UCONN, but for those who want to see him replaced, who are you looking at to come in? (if this has already been covered I apologize)  

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

16 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So speaking solely as someone who could have a deeper conversation about Curling than WBB (or basketball in general). Ive seen a lot of talk about CJF and the question that still comes to my mind is, who is out there to come to USF? In the sport that I follow, there are usually about three to four names that could be available to programs looking. who is out there for USF? I personally believe that he should stay, 20 wins is tough and you cant base your success on UCONN, but for those who want to see him replaced, who are you looking at to come in? (if this has already been covered I apologize)  

I don't think I've even seen a fanciful suggestion to replace him, let alone a realistic suggestion. Just the one griping that he can't get us to the promised land(nobody probably will) without a suggestion as to who to hire.

So in the spirit of Bullspen ridiculous suggestions may I suggest we allow Rick Pitino to rehab himself by replacing CJF?

I think though you'd have a more realistic shot at convincing Geno to retire than finding someone who will get better results than CJF.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Either Tennessee (daughters) or UCONN (granddaughters). Unless we are talking D2 and D3. 

Don't leave out NAIA and maybe even JuCo. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I don't think I've even seen a fanciful suggestion to replace him, let alone a realistic suggestion. Just the one griping that he can't get us to the promised land(nobody probably will) without a suggestion as to who to hire.

So in the spirit of Bullspen ridiculous suggestions may I suggest we allow Rick Pitino to rehab himself by replacing CJF?

I think though you'd have a more realistic shot at convincing Geno to retire than finding someone who will get better results than CJF.

Why don't we just hire Geno and be done with it. Then maybe Pat Riley and John Wooden to be his assistants (I know he is dead, don't care). While we are at it, we should add $150 million to the WBB budget each year. We should also move the school to wherever the best high school WBB is played to help us get recruits. Now, how do we get 20,000 fans a game, maybe mandatory attendance for all students. 

I wonder what this NAS thinks of the MBB program at USF? 

Any objective person would look at the USF WBB program today and realize we have it great and need to commit more resources to keeping our head coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

I may be wrong but I think Jose feels this is "his" program, like Leavitt thought football was his.  He and his family have pretty strong ties to this area. I hope he stays. He's got double or triple the bourbon collection I have so need him to stick around so I can try them.  

Edited by Bourbon Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I wonder what this NAS thinks of the MBB program at USF? 

Come on, man, hasn't MBB been through enough??

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/21/2018 at 12:53 AM, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Reading your comments I can’t believe you have seen the team play very much this year.  Where do get your information from?

Please do elaborate. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/20/2018 at 8:23 AM, Bourbon Bull said:

She's hurt and probably done for the season. She hasn't played significant minutes all year.

I didn't realize Enna was injured again. Although I never said she has seen significant minutes. I said if she had played better in the minutes she's seen then she probably would have been given a decent workload.