• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Turnover chain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, JTrue said:

Or this guy from BYU?

hqdefault.jpg

Yeah nfl pic 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's the difference? Aren't they all just ways of saying, "Look at me!" in whatever works for your particular decade?

And are you really trying to say because I posted a couple quick Deion and Jim McMahon pics they weren't 100% "LOOK AT ME!" because the pictures are the first ones I saw? Pick a decade and you can find your Turnover Chain and players who would have worn it.

Just now, JTrue said:

What's the difference? Aren't they all just ways of saying, "Look at me!" in whatever works for your particular decade?

The dudes you showed were personalities and you can count them on one hand. Now it is an entire defensive backfield for every team. Look, I get it, it motivates so if it works fine. But it just looks hokey. Next thing you know people will start taking pictures of their food before they eat it and post it on line to people who don’t give ****....GOD I love getting old :lmao:

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The dudes you showed were personalities and you can count them on one hand. Now it is an entire defensive backfield for every team. Look, I get it, it motivates so if it works fine. But it just looks hokey. Next thing you know people will start taking pictures of their food before they eat it and post it on line to people who don’t give ****....GOD I love getting old :lmao:

Next thing you know, groups of players will be celebrating in the end zone after scoring a TD. 

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Next thing you know, groups of players will be celebrating in the end zone after scoring a TD. 

Don’t get me started on that....

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I like it for Miami... if you look at their success back in the day, they were the epitome of "swagger"... the chain gives them some of that back. The flip side is, if you're not winning, teams will mock you for it. How do you keep the swagger... win!

I think it is a good motivational thing for UM and don't have an issue with it. Much like us, Miami has attendance issues, they need butts in the seats, so, as much "look at me" as many people see, I also see larger crowds and fans feeling "it" with the canes this year.

If you look a Richt over the course of his career, I think his demeanor doesn't fit in Miami, but, by doing things like this, he appeals to the spirit of the canes while still keeping his moral compass for the most part. Look at the recruiting class this year, kids like it and that is what is important in college football.

BTW, I agreed with Richt on the argument, maybe not the way he went about it, but, it was a huge plat that was allowed by a blatant missed holding call. You could tell Miami was in trouble and he did his best to show some emotion and right the ship. Didn't work.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Days Won:  28

No problem with the chain and thougt it was cool. Not sure why anumtbody would have an issue with it. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

No problem with the chain and thougt it was cool. Not sure why anumtbody would have an issue with it. 

As long as they're not doing something at the expense of the other team, don't have a real problem with it .... It IS a game and games are supposed to be fun.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Days Won:  28

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

As long as they're not doing something at the expense of the other team, don't have a real problem with it .... It IS a game and games are supposed to be fun.

Exactly! A turnover is hard to get, so extra motivation 2 do so is not a bad thing