• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Charlie Strong is Still Coaching at USF

Guest PCBull14
20 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

It's more like the people that do care about USF are insulted because he writes the truth rather than USF marketing.

This is funny, no one in this country tells the truth. I mean our "national anthem" is nothing more then a marketing tool. If people did two seconds to vet they're own beliefs this country would be a better place.  African Americans and their allies in the NFL probably wouldn't be hated for protesting a slave propaganda song. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  161
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, smazza said:

how can you begrudge for someone for taking a better offer?

hope cs does well here and moves on

usf is a stepping stone fellas

we are the minor leagues

accept it

Agreed. Strong was in the same position at UofL and did a great job recruiting and coaching at the right time to get them the last spot in the ACC. Alot needs to happen for another P5 spot to open. But the main reason Strong/UofL were able to move up to a P5 coaching job/P5 conference was Teddy Bridgewater. Will Oladokun, Kean, Battle or McCloud be Strong's next Teddy Bear? I hope so but  if we don't find a QB neither Strong or USF has a chance of going to the next level. I'm surprised Arkansas took Morris over Strong but my sense is folks think Strong is 1. a great recruiter 2. has underachieved since UofL and 3. might (don't say it) be too old to get a P5 HC. 

814wpPGL1pL._SL1500_.jpg

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

22 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

It's more like the people that do care about USF are insulted because he writes the truth rather than USF marketing.

Wow how snarky.  I read the paper version of this article this AM.  I don't live in Tampa and am here for the Holidays.  He writes about USF like a female would talk to her best friend about someone she hates;  All passive aggression and back-handed compliments.  I don't think anyone would mind if he just came out and wrote constructively about USF's shortcomings, we all know they are there.  But for a local writer to be so disrespectful to the ONLY local Div 1 football team is uncalled for.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

21 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Ergo you aren't insulted, because you don't care about USF?

It's a nuanced thing. You can be honest without being obnoxious. Fennelly is obnoxious, and sometimes also dishonest.

I'm not insulted because I understand that their job isn't to work for the USF Marketing Department.  Also, I'm not whiny.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, beastiebull said:

Wow how snarky.  I read the paper version of this article this AM.  I don't live in Tampa and am here for the Holidays.  He writes about USF like a female would talk to her best friend about someone she hates;  All passive aggression and back-handed compliments.  I don't think anyone would mind if he just came out and wrote constructively about USF's shortcomings, we all know they are there.  But for a local writer to be so disrespectful to the ONLY local Div 1 football team is uncalled for.

"Disrespectful".  There you go again.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Who'sYourData? said:

"Disrespectful".  There you go again.  

Whining about people expressing their opinions, there you go again.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  41
  • Days Won:  0

I'll take a different perspective.  I for one think he's still here because no one else took him because they see that a 9-2 record with this schedule and those players is actually underachieving.  The defensive is better but that was a very low bar.  The defensive last year was just awful, now they are very okay.  The offense on the other hand has taken some huge steps back.  The offense if very predictable but more importantly very predictable with players not well suited to run such a vanilla offense. 

Next year this team takes a HUGE step back and is lucky to go 6-6 and we are all calling for Strong to go.  This year he won ins spite of his coaching, not because of it. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

I'll take a different perspective.  I for one think he's still here because no one else took him because they see that a 9-2 record with this schedule and those players is actually underachieving.  The defensive is better but that was a very low bar.  The defensive last year was just awful, now they are very okay.  The offense on the other hand has taken some huge steps back.  The offense if very predictable but more importantly very predictable with players not well suited to run such a vanilla offense. 

Next year this team takes a HUGE step back and is lucky to go 6-6 and we are all calling for Strong to go.  This year he won ins spite of his coaching, not because of it. 

I think most on here agree with all you just said. CCS is not a good head coach 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think most on here agree with all you just said. CCS is not a good head coach 

I think most people disagree with this statement.