• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nebraska's Frost coming after our recruits

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,409
  • Days Won:  13

Nebraska just lost their best recruit, #36 on the ESPN 300 list, leaving them with 2 on the list.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nebraska-loses-highest-ranked-commitment-36-joshua-moore/story?id=51706843

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,645
  • Days Won:  424

On 12/9/2017 at 7:28 PM, ArmyBull said:

I was referring to recruiting.  

On 12/9/2017 at 10:34 PM, Triple B said:

He's never recruited at this level, that I know of, so it remains to be seen how effective he'll be ...

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

Its not like we would tell him no, if he wanted to come and recruit for us.  

Have no idea who the "we" is you're referring to but he's done absolutely nothing yet to indicate he's the slam dunk recruiter at this level you seem to want to bestow on him ...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's never recruited at this level, that I know of, so it remains to be seen how effective he'll be ...

Yup, and he hasn't been as effective on the trail as of late at the highest level.  He didn't light the world on fire during his time at UF and he had the UF name and history behind him.   He's still a good recruiter but not the monster on the trail that he used to be.  It will be interesting to see him recruit without a "name brand" behind him.  As you mentioned he's never had to do that and not everybody can.   

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Well, we may soon find out.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 12/3/2017 at 11:58 PM, Triple B said:

Grumpy retread  .... What an ungrateful bunch of klowns. First, he wasn't a retread. Second, you'd probably still be in CUSA without him .... and it pains me like hell saying that considering what else transpired under his watch.

Well yeah.  But O'Liar was grumpy.

12 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Well yeah.  But O'Liar was grumpy.

Grumpy is the new orange ...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UCF has lost a bunch of commits already.

Another UCF commit is now going with Frost to Nebraska.

https://247sports.com/player/justin-mcgriff-46039182

I think many UCF fans are not as happy with having him coach their bowl game as they were originally. They already know that he is taking all his assistants with him and is already poaching their commits. They have a new HC and already know his assistants.

I know that UCF fans want to win their bowl game and finish 13-0. So, they believe having Frost coach them is their best chance to win. But, after all that has happened in recent days, I think many of them have mixed feelings about whether he should coach them or just leave and let someone else lead them, like we did last year.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-836852.html

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 12/10/2017 at 11:14 PM, Triple B said:

Have no idea who the "we" is you're referring to but he's done absolutely nothing yet to indicate he's the slam dunk recruiter at this level you seem to want to bestow on him ...

I am sure if you try real hard you can figure it out.  To act like Shannon is not a good hire is just silly.  

15 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

To act like Shannon is not a good hire is just silly.  

Never said it wasn't a good hire, just that there's no basis in calling someone with no recruiting experience at this level going to UCF being the biggest current threat to USF football because of recruiting ... that is just silly. That's like a Kanigit basketball fan saying 3 years ago that the biggest current threat to UCF hoops was Orlando Antigua.

The biggest current threat to USF football in regards to recruiting is the possibility of Shaun King heading to Tallahassee.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

UCF has lost a bunch of commits already.

Another UCF commit is now going with Frost to Nebraska.

https://247sports.com/player/justin-mcgriff-46039182

I think many UCF fans are not as happy with having him coach their bowl game as they were originally. They already know that he is taking all his assistants with him and is already poaching their commits. They have a new HC and already know his assistants.

I know that UCF fans want to win their bowl game and finish 13-0. So, they believe having Frost coach them is their best chance to win. But, after all that has happened in recent days, I think many of them have mixed feelings about whether he should coach them or just leave and let someone else lead them, like we did last year.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-836852.html

Just like we predicted. And he’s taking the entire staff to go along with it. UCF has 0% chance of winning. A shame really because we will never really know how good that team really was.