• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I love Taggart, I hope he gets hired at FSU and I hope he gets paid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

i think he is better off at Oregon for now. Leaving a program out cold will kill his reputation. Lane kiffin still hasnt lived that down when he left Tennesee.

How log was Kiffin at UT before he left?

I know at the time it was pretty bad but coaches tenures, especially successful ones, seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

As for CWT and FSU?  I am over any resentment I have towards him but it would hilarious to listen to the Duck's whine about it.  It would almost be like our big brother kicked their ass.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

People always forget or don't care to remember his first 2 and a half years here.  It basically took the players to convince him to change up his non existant offense.  His overall record was 24-25 with exactly Zero Bowl Wins.  Best wins are Temple and Navy when they were ranked #22.

Good for Willie, I don't think he's hurting for money...Oregon just offered him $20 million more to stay, so he will be just fine. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 minutes ago, JoeB said:

People always forget or don't care to remember his first 2 and a half years here.  It basically took the players to convince him to change up his non existant offense.  His overall record was 24-25 with exactly Zero Bowl Wins.  Best wins are Temple and Navy when they were ranked #22.

Good for Willie, I don't think he's hurting for money...Oregon just offered him $20 million more to stay, so he will be just fine. 

This, he's turned two programs into competitive teams, but that's really it.  He took a chance on Q and it worked out.  Had it not, who knows where he'd be.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, MMW said:

How log was Kiffin at UT before he left?

I know at the time it was pretty bad but coaches tenures, especially successful ones, seem to be getting shorter and shorter.

As for CWT and FSU?  I am over any resentment I have towards him but it would hilarious to listen to the Duck's whine about it.  It would almost be like our big brother kicked their ass.

I think it was like a year or something and he bolted for USC after a crappy season at Tennessee. I'm too lazy to google it so If I'm wrong, my apologies lol 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

I think it was like a year or something and he bolted for USC after a crappy season at Tennessee. I'm too lazy to google it so If I'm wrong, my apologies lol 

You are correct it was one season 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

I don't care unless, he gets the job  and agrees to play us.

Might happen sooner rather than later, if we end up playing FSU in a bowl game this year.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are correct it was one season 

So Tags leaving Oregon after a crappy year would be the same I guess.

Edited by MMW

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

My only issue with him is that his opportunities we're still going to be there this year, I would have liked for him to consider staying with the guys he sold on this program. I don't know that we would have been any better with him this year, but, he would still be the top Target for a number of these jobs. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I only care about present coaches, not past ones. Past coaches including Leavitt were paid handsomely for their efforts. Seems like "thank you" enough. 

I might feel differently for a coach who leads us to a conference championship (at least), but who the hell knows when that'll happen? I attended the first game in 1997 and... still waiting

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

5 hours ago, MikePhillips said:

I love Taggart. I can't thank him enough for pulling USF football out of the gutter in the post-Holtz era

I think the AAC gets half the credit.