• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I finally agree with UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I guess what I'm saying is I don't understand all this commiseration from USF fans. Why would we want them ranked any higher than they are? In the overall scheme of things it does nothing for us, and very little for the AAC and G5.

Because us is them and them is us. Like it or not we are referred to as the “Florida Twins” and that will be the case when conf realignment raises its ugly head in six year. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Saw something on Twitter that makes perfect sense to me. 

Expand playoff to 8 teams, 5 P5 conference champions, 2 at large and 1 G5 P6 team.  Also limits the committee's ability to influence the field.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, Bulls Are We said:

Expand playoff to 8 teams, 5 P5 conference champions, 2 at large and 1 G5 P6 team.  Also limits the committee's ability to influence the field.  

A few of us on here have been saying that for a while.  The less that bias can play into a system, the better the system is.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Days Won:  1

No G5 team will ever make it into the 4 team playoff unless the schedule Alabama, Clemson, Florida State, and Ohio state out of conference which is impossible and beats the all convincingly plus wins all the conference games by 10+ points. 8 teams would be the best and fairest way with each p5 conference sending their champion along with the g5 champion and 2 at large. The other option which I believe will happen is to organize all schools into 8 conferences and each conference sends their champion. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bulls Are We said:

People keep promoting this like it will somehow help out USF or UCF. All this does is allow teams like Alabama, Miami/Clemson, and USC/Stanford to get in.

There is zero incentive for the P5 or the committee to be inclusive in this system. The pie can expand (I disagree that it should but thats another debate), but the G5 wont even get the crumbs.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Capital H said:

People keep promoting this like it will somehow help out USF or UCF. All this does is allow teams like Alabama, Miami/Clemson, and USC/Stanford to get in.

There is zero incentive for the P5 or the committee to be inclusive in this system. The pie can expand (I disagree that it should but thats another debate), but the G5 wont even get the crumbs.

Very good point, It will be the 5 conference champions plus the 3 highest ranked teams that will not include G5. This year it would be Alabama, Penn State and the loser of Miami and Clemson

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Mama_Bull said:

There really needs to be a congressional investigation into this entire sham.

Politicians representing G5 schools, from both parties, need to get involved.

That is the only possible avenue which can make an impact.

Mama I couldn't agree more. Who the hell do they think they are anyway?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Someone should start a www.change.org petition to have it looked into

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Because us is them and them is us. Like it or not we are referred to as the “Florida Twins” and that will be the case when conf realignment raises its ugly head in six year. 

Until officials from a P5 confirm this media/fan driven sentiment, I'm treating this like the "P5's won't consider us without an ocs" ramblings.

With your sentiment there, are we now supposed to pull for the Kanigits to beat Memphis and then win their NY6 bowl?