• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transfer targets?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,029
  • Days Won:  38

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, JTrue said:

I thought this was going to be about USF players transferring out. It's common knowledge Strong has lost the team and is unhappy here. Why would anyone want to stay?

A couple of buddies heard from a guy who knows a guy that works in the athletic department that you are correct.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Cronkrite has 2 years starting in 2018.  Which DL are you talking about?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6460

http://www.gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6457

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

On 11/28/2017 at 1:29 PM, Orlando Bull said:

Saw this on ESPN and wondered if this guy liked Strong and Gilbert enough to consider coming here.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21590780/chris-warren-iii-transfer-texas-longhorns

That also got me thinking... do more people transfer out of Texas and maybe miss coach Strong? I believe that a lot of the players were upset that he was let go. Would they want to follow him? His last 2 seasons, he had top-10 classes. Would be interesting if Herman isn't winning everyone over.

I'm not sure if I am remembering this correctly, but I thought there was another Texas player last summer who said he was transferring to USF and subsequently removed that tweet, evidently, because Texas would not release him to transfer to USF because we were on their future schedule. That is standard practice with just about all schools. So, I doubt Texas would let this guy transfer to USF as well.

So, I assumed that would also be the case with the Ill transfer mentioned in this thread but, apparently, it is not. Perhaps, that is because he is a "graduate" transfer and not an underclassman. Or, Ill doesn't have such a restriction in their release.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I might be wrong, but I thought graduate transfers don't have restrictions on them.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

26 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

They both have two years.  Neither had taken their red shirt before.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I might be wrong, but I thought graduate transfers don't have restrictions on them.

Well, I wasn't sure about that myself, but figured that might be the likely  reason.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

They both have two years.  Neither had taken their red shirt before.

Thanks

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Well, I wasn't sure about that myself, but figured that might be the likely  reason.

I'm trying to dig out the rule, but coming up empty so far.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,578
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I'm trying to dig out the rule, but coming up empty so far.

The TC kid at Illinois Tweeted a letter of release from the Illini AAD that referenced this bylaw:

13.1.1.3 Four-Year College Prospective Student-Athletes. An athletics staff member or other representative
of the institution’s athletics interests shall not make contact with the student-athlete of another NCAA or
NAIA four-year collegiate institution, directly or indirectly, without first obtaining the written permission of the
first institution’s athletics director (or an athletics administrator designated by the athletics director) to do so,
regardless of who makes the initial contact. If permission is not granted, the second institution shall not encourage
the transfer and the institution shall not provide athletically related financial assistance to the student-athlete
until the student-athlete has attended the second institution for one academic year. If permission is granted
to contact the student-athlete, all applicable NCAA recruiting rules apply. If an institution receives a written
request from a student-athlete to permit another institution to contact the student-athlete about transferring,
the institution shall grant or deny the request within seven business days (see Bylaw 13.02.1) of receipt of the
request. If the institution fails to respond to the student-athlete’s written request within seven business days,
permission shall be granted by default and the institution shall provide written permission to the student-athlete.