• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, Brad said:

So Cristobal is named HC.  What does Leavitt do?  FSU makes sense. 

I think it's time for him to stop waiting on Kansas State and come back to FL and get himself back into recruiting Florida.  The fresher his relationships are in FL the more attractive he is to jobs in the southeast.  I think that's where he has the best shot to get a head coaching job because the football first culture in the southeast makes it easier for teams to take a shot on him even with what went down at USF.  I think in most parts of the country the "incident" is a non-starter for most admins.....

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I hope Leavitt doesn't come back & add another wrinkle in the FL recruiting game, but I hope he lands somewhere solid--I've been happy to see his successes, hope that continues for him FL or not.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

29 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I think it's time for him to stop waiting on Kansas State and come back to FL and get himself back into recruiting Florida.  The fresher his relationships are in FL the more attractive he is to jobs in the southeast.  I think that's where he has the best shot to get a head coaching job because the football first culture in the southeast makes it easier for teams to take a shot on him even with what went down at USF.  I think in most parts of the country the "incident" is a non-starter for most admins.....

I think Leavitt has given up on KSU.

It has been reported that Snyder will be coaching  KSU again in 2018 and that he wants his son to take over after he retires.

Leavitt, I believe, has a 3 year contract with Oregon. If he took the job at KSU he wouldn't have to pay a buyout.

Leavitt is not allowed to speak with any other teams until after their bowl game.

That is why you have not heard anything from him, other than he would like to become a HC.

FSU would need to pay his buyout and probably increase his current 1.1 million salary/yr and guarantee him at least three years.

Oregon is ready to give him a substantial raise.

Then there is also the possibility that he is offered a head coaching job somewhere.

It will be interesting to see what he does.

I suspect he will end up at FSU as DC and assistant head coach.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think Leavitt is still in play at KSU. The media has picked up on what Snyder is trying to do and there are a few articles circulating that express disappointment in the situation. Regardless of where he should land this year, I think it is a one year gig and next year he will be a HC somewhere. The fact that he has mentioned in such a positive light over the past few years shows that the stench of what happened at USF is starting to go away.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Ya know, the man makes a million dollars + per year. I think he's doing pretty well... I'm not all that concerned where he ends up coaching.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Ya know, the man makes a million dollars + per year. I think he's doing pretty well... I'm not all that concerned where he ends up coaching.

True.  There are a lot of us rooting for him to get another HC gig after the tomfoolery that went down here.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

True.  There are a lot of us rooting for him to get another HC gig after the tomfoolery that went down here.

Yes, I know. I've felt like he's been "homeless" since that time. I mean what coach would put a clause in their contract about another job (kansas state)? It's like he's trying to "go home" ever since.

But, he's been making a good living and has his family, etc. Can't be all that bad!

• Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Lsu made this hire in less than one hour.

LSU assistant Jeff Grimes is BYU's new offensive coordinator

LSU Hires Offensive Line Coach James Cregg

Oh yeeaah. RT @BruceFeldmanCFB: The new deal for #Oregon DC Jim Leavitt is worth an average $1.7 million per year and is thru 2021 season,

I believe Leavitt is making the same amount as the UCF HC. LOL

Edited by Mama_Bull

By BRUCE FELDMAN 
December 17, 2017

Oregon had a rough Saturday, losing to Boise State in the Las Vegas Bowl, but the Ducks got some great news Sunday. Multiple sources tell SI that defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, who was a hot commodity this month, has agreed to a new deal to remain at Oregon. The deal was signed Sunday night and he will be paid an average of $1.7 million a year through the 2021 season.

The 61-year-old Leavitt took an Oregon defense that ranked No. 115 in yards per play allowed before he arrived in Eugene and improved it up to No. 32. At Colorado, his defense ranked No. 16 when he left, up 104 spots from the year before he showed up in Boulder.

Keeping Leavitt is a key move for new head coach Mario Cristobal.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/12/17/oregon-jim-leavitt-staying-defensive-coordinator-new-deal?utm_campaign=sinow&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si