• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Dominoes Are Starting To Fall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If Willie Taggart leaves Oregon, AD Rob Mullens should hire Jim Leavitt as head coach

Ducks may already possess best coaching replacement

According to numerous sources, Willie Taggart met with the Florida State Seminoles on Monday. Following unending rumors concerning Taggart and FSU, ESPN confirmed that a meeting took place following the exit of Jimbo Fisher to Texas A&M.

It may have been the worst kept secret in sports, but everyone around Oregon knew something was happening with the head coach of the football team.

Let’s be clear, NOTHING IS FINAL. Just because Taggart spoke to FSU doesn’t mean it will work out for both sides. As stated before, Taggart will always be a topic of conversation when there are coaching vacancies. He’s a talent and that is what happens in the current college climate.

Nevertheless, the Ducks have been left in the dark over the last few days. Nobody knows what his next move will be, namely two of the most important people to the program; Rob Mullens and Phil Knight.

Read more at:

https://www.addictedtoquack.com/2017/12/4/16735534/if-willie-taggart-leaves-oregon-ad-rob-mullens-should-hire-jim-leavitt-as-head-coach

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Taggart playing Oregon like he did to us last year.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

If Ca$h goes to FSU, I hope he makes Woodie the defensive coordinator; Woodie deserves another chance at FSU.

5 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Taggart playing Oregon like he did to us last year.

Even more so, with Phil Knight there raising the ante again an again to keep him from going to FSU. 

Edited by Mama_Bull

3 hours ago, Gismo said:

What happens when he finds out what the Mascot is?

Oh, man, what are they thinking?

First of all, does he even know about all the NCAA rules? Welcome to Violation Poolapalooza!

And what about recruiting and all of that? This is almost as comical is Tennessee.

36 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

Even more so, with Phil Knight there raising the ante again an again to keep him from going to FSU. 

This is what I mean:

Replying to @CFBNewsToday

Yah I saw that. Former UO and NFL TE...George Wrister: I was told earlier that Phil Knight asked Willie Taggart not to accept any offer from FSU until he had a face to face meeting with him. Hence, why Taggart may have just landed in Eugene. I'll get more details soon.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

With leach out of the PAC12 Taggart should stay at Oregon.... Daboo is building a dynasty at Clemson, Richt at Miami is no slouch either despite the late season eggs Miami laid. 

Okay, play along...

If you are running FSU, would you want Strong or Taggart (Ca$h) for your coach?

Give me Strong. Yes, I know what I've been saying about him... But going with Taggart is a huge risk; the man hasn't won a thing. He could bring down that FSU empire...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I don't understand all this nonsense over Taggart. Yes, he was a good coach for us his final two years, and a strong recruiter. But FSU and UO are fighting over this guy like he's the second coming of Nick Saban. 

It's starting to seem like more of a grudge match than anything else. UO is insecure because it doesn't like playing second fiddle to FSU. FSU is insecure because Fisher pretty much took a big dump in Doak Campbell on his way out of town.

Taggart might work out well in FSU. But he could just as easily fail. Stay tuned!

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

10 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I don't understand all this nonsense over Taggart. Yes, he was a good coach for us his final two years, and a strong recruiter.[\b]

This is what matters most in CFB these days.  Example #1 is Dabo Swinney.  Great recruiter and relates to the players is paramount.  Playcalling/coaching x’s and o’s is of secondary importance.