• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF is a bad match up for Auggie so I'm not surprised we adjusted to them.  Just like we used to to in the GCO Frost's offense put's a TON of pressure on LB's by putting them in space against RB's and WR's.  Memphis did this to us in our game against them in 15 and all 3 of their TD's were either set up by them taking advantage of Auggie in space or directly due to it.   Auggie is a fantastic player but playing in space against speedier athletes is his Achilles heel.  It takes balls to make an adjustment where you sit a guy like Auggie, props to BJM and CCS.   

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

39 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Those first 21 points were all Auggie's fault yet we managed to allow 14 points in less than 6 minutes of the 4th quarter without him in there.  I don't get some people.  

What're you talking about? No one said they were his fault. Everyone was just agreeing that it was probably in the team's best interest to go with a smaller/ faster lineup.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, MMW said:

I agree.  And like I said in another post.  He is the defensive captain and lead tackler (all time).  You might think the game was not to his strengths but you dam_n sure give him a chance to prove otherwise.

They did and we had 21 points on us quickly. I love the guy, but this was not the game for him.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,690
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They did and we had 21 points on us quickly. I love the guy, but this was not the game for him.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:34 PM, jg233 said:

After the first quarter our coaches finally realized that our LB's are not good and played with none.  For all the good that Willie did, he left the pickings slim at LB.

3 hours ago, goldenbrahm1996 said:

What're you talking about? No one said they were his fault. Everyone was just agreeing that it was probably in the team's best interest to go with a smaller/ faster lineup.

The two posts above yours seem to me like they were blaming him.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding their intent.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

50 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

The two posts above yours seem to me like they were blaming him.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding their intent.

UCF game planned to attack our LB's and you could see it early in the game.   We adjusted and went with the DB's at LB and we forced something like 5 straight stops.  UCF then adjusted because Frost is a great coach and they started scoring again.  It's not so much as Sanchez is to blame as it is UCF was taking advantage of the match ups they had,  we were forced to adjust, and then they countered.   It was  great coaching chess match but as some others have said this just wasn't his game and was a tough match up for him, even as great as he is.  Sanchez certainly isn't to blame as he is what he is and this game due to the style of offense UCF runs and their athletes was always going to be a tough match up for him.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

55 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Well the coach did bench him...so there is that...