• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Boise State ahead of us now

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Meh.  Should have stopped the only team we've faced with a pulse from converting a 4th and 24.

This will all work itself out one way or another.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not sure why there is negativity about outlook beyond this season. There is no reason why USF and UCF shouldnt be the top dogs in this division forever. There will probably be a step back next season with a new QB/RB/Coach(?), but this isn't the Big East. The talent will be there to win the conference on any given season, with just a little coaching and the right bounce. Strong **** the bed vs. Houston and had a 4/24 go against him. That wont happen all the time.

**** look at UCF. They were the laughing stock of the college football world, and two seasons later they are able to out class teams and get a bounce or two their way, and are right back in the picture 3-4 years sooner than even the most optimistic Gnat fan would have said.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Capital H said:

I'm not sure why there is negativity about outlook beyond this season. There is no reason why USF and UCF shouldnt be the top dogs in this division forever. There will probably be a step back next season with a new QB/RB/Coach(?), but this isn't the Big East. The talent will be there to win the conference on any given season, with just a little coaching and the right bounce. Strong **** the bed vs. Houston and had a 4/24 go against him. That wont happen all the time.

**** look at UCF. They were the laughing stock of the college football world, and two seasons later they are able to out class teams and get a bounce or two their way, and are right back in the picture 3-4 years sooner than even the most optimistic Gnat fan would have said.

I think a reasonable expectation is that we should compete for the CC every year though there will be years it is a stretch but we should remain a preeminent program in this conference year in and year out barring the occasional aberration.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

If we get that first conf trophy, I really don't give a **** where we play. Peach would be nice and I'd be there but I think we'd have a, relatively speaking, pretty poor showing representation wise there ....... Hopefully I'll get a chance to be proven wrong.

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

If that’s all you care about then USF should have stayed in C-USA.

We didn't win one there either so that makes no sense .....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deadudea said:

Right. If we're not playing for the peach bowl (G5 championship trophy), then what are we doing here?

You don't play for a G5 championship trophy, someone picks a champion ...

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

22 minutes ago, Capital H said:

They also have facilities and were able to sell themselves. They also didn't spend three years having an idiot and his patsy destroy the football program. We finally are getting an IPF 12 years after UCF built one, granted it's a warehouse but they have one. 

The talent is there, but we will always be contending with the Texas schools too. USF, UCF, Houston, SMU, and in an odd year Navy and Memphis should be the conference champions. No one else recruits to that talent pool at anywhere close to that level. 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

The point is if all one cares about is winning a conference championship then play in the lowest level possible and you’ll have an easier path to it.

Then why didn't you say Sun Belt?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You don't play for a G5 championship trophy, someone picks a champion ...

Sigh.. Don't remind me.

5 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Because we never played football in the Sun Belt, we played in C-USA. Come on Trip I expect you to be able to follow the logic even if you don’t agree with it.

Yeah, but we could have stayed there, put off football until the SB started sponsoring it and then jumped in. Played on campus at the T&F stadium, adding some seating and dominated that conference for years. Trophy case full of conf championships ..........

If you're going to downplay conference championships at least do it creatively ...