• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AACCG Ticket Reservations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I’d like to know the request process if we’re in but not hosting. Did I miss something in this email?

I'm guessing those go out after the two teams are decided ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It's too late. The die is cast. Your name is on the list if we don't make it there ...

but this can be reversed...candles in a dark room, pictures of Jim Leavitt around torches, and chant the words “USF ARE WE” “USF ARE WE”. Then holdup the :GoBulls: and follow that with the words “ucf sucks.” DONE! 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, MMW said:

So, we would have beaten UCF who beat Memphis (if they win out).  They are ahead of us in the polls currently.  I wonder if we would jump them?

Probably would, but the polls they use for CCG home/away decision are the Tuesday before the UCF game. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

21 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Probably would, but the polls they use for CCG home/away decision are the Tuesday before the UCF game. 

So right now it runs through Orlando but if we beat them Memphis will host-but if we win out and Memphis loses a game then most likely we will host. 

That said, Q turned the Liberty Bowl into his own personal showcase last year. I'd love to see it happen again if we can't play at home. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nah, this a required process at this point ..... not like people booking airfare and hotels in Atlanta for NYD.

Wait, it is necessary for the athletic department to plan for the AACCG and for fans to plan for that game, but not for fans to plan and get the best possible deal for a potential appearance in the Peach Bowl? Now I understand. 

SMU is going to pull of the huge upset and beat Memphis. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Wait, it is necessary for the athletic department to plan for the AACCG

Yes, considering the logistics involved ...

12 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

but not for fans to plan and get the best possible deal for a potential appearance in the Peach Bowl?

Exactly ... you are placing personal financial concerns above bad juju.

What makes this even more disconcerting is that Atlanta was also the potential destination in 2005 when people were contacting travel agents the week before the UConn game. Will we ever learn ....

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yes, considering the logistics involved ...

Exactly ... you are placing personal financial concerns above bad juju.

What makes this even more disconcerting is that Atlanta was also the potential destination in 2005 when people were contacting travel agents the week before the UConn game. Will we ever learn ....

I do recall CCS mentioning the fact that a few fans made tentative, fully refundable travel plans to Atlanta as the reason Houston was able to convert on 4th and 24. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

56 minutes ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Can you explain this to me? How do they have rules for the highest ranked to get home for the CCG, but don't use the final results? So much can happen in the last week of games, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

This scenario confuses me:
UCF > Memphis before USF/UCF game. By this rule, UCF gets slated for the championship game, does it not?

What happens if UCF loses to USF then?
They have to change the location of the game, to next highest rank from the previous poll? That doesn't make sense. If that, it would still be a week's notice location switch.

Something seems off to me.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

25 minutes ago, deadudea said:

Can you explain this to me? How do they have rules for the highest ranked to get home for the CCG, but don't use the final results? So much can happen in the last week of games, it just doesn't make sense to me. 

This scenario confuses me:
UCF > Memphis before USF/UCF game. By this rule, UCF gets slated for the championship game, does it not?

What happens if UCF loses to USF then?
They have to change the location of the game, to next highest rank from the previous poll? That doesn't make sense. If that, it would still be a week's notice location switch.

Something seems off to me.

It is because the ranking used is the CFP ranking which is on Tuesday night. I guess there isn’t enough time between that ranking and the Saturday CCG. Not saying I agree, just that’s how the tiebreaker is written.